NGD 1987 Washburn RS-8V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 1987 Washburn RS-8V

Just picked this up on Saturday. 1987 Washburn RS-8V super strat. The best way to describe this fine guitar is its a PRS with a Floyd on it.
    It has a carved archtop, a set neck that is exactly like old school PRS (short heel), Washburn 600T that refuses to go out of tune, the neck profile is extremely similar to the PRS wide/thin profile, ebony fingerboard, boomerang fret markers, EMG Select humbuckers, mini toggle pickup selector, 1 volume, 1 tone. Fit and finish is outstanding. The white color has faded to a nice cream color. It plays and sounds fantastic.
    What a score. Its an all around outstanding guitar. If you ever wanted a PRS double cut with a Floyd on it get one of these. BTW... it s VERY similar to the strat that Wayne played on Waynes World. That one was a flat top but I believe they are from the same year and catalog.

[IMG][/IMG]

Very cool! I remember those.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes indeed very cool..
      3-4 years after high school I remember seeing these @ the local hot spot..

Comment

I thought Wayne was playing a Charvel ....way cool guitar though.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
          I thought Wayne was playing a Charvel ....way cool guitar though.
          no. it was definately a late 80's white washburn.

Comment

Good score and those are great guitars.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Those late '80s "metal" Washburns were great guitars! But I thought that they had some kind of synthetic material for the fretboard, rather than ebony.

Comment

Great score John. I remember playing those and loving them. So, your feeling better and back at it I take it? Have you found a band yet?
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Wayne's had a Kahler, didn't it? It was neat to see it again on the SNL 40 show. Sounded like the volume pot needs a little work too. Party time, excellent.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    Those late '80s "metal" Washburns were great guitars! But I thought that they had some kind of synthetic material for the fretboard, rather than ebony.
                    Carbonite (insert Han Solo joke) or Phenolic was the name of the fretboard material. I own a G8-V from '88 and it has it too but only has 22 frets (with boomerangs), HSS and a Washburn branded Floyd II<------ Other than that, not a bad gitbox at all.

Everything you need to know right here!

http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electrics/Force.html
                    Last edited by shramiac; 02-17-2015, 09:00 PM.
                    www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                      Great score John. I remember playing those and loving them. So, your feeling better and back at it I take it? Have you found a band yet?
                      I also scored a KILLER 1994 Carvin BB75 Bunny Brunel Signature model 5 string bass. Quilted maple top, Bartolini pickups, active electronics, gold hardware. Its a beautiful bass. Regarding my health... I feel really good but I am still on 8 different meds. I am pretty limited to what I can do so I have been buying a lot of guitars lately and playing like mad at home. I got rid of all my large amps and 1/2 stacks and only have small combo's now. I am still eating 100% healthy and hitting the gym every night. Its going to be a long process. Regarding getting into a band... no... not for a long time. I don't want to be a burden to my future bandmates because although I can still rip it up on guitar and bass.. I can't carry anything heavy or do anything that is overly strenuous. That wouldn't be fair and although a lot of bands told me they could put up with it if I joined their bands I know eventually and quickly it would.

Comment

John..I must have missed the post.What happened cardiac issues?

Comment

I didn't know the RS-V8 even existed, seems like a nice guitar to look out for! I already have a Mercury MG72 but the in house pickups are gutless.

Comment

I had a massive heart attack at the gym. One of my arteries was 100% blocked. I found out yesterday that the damage to my heart is permanent so I have to have a defibrillator put in. My doctor said its more of an insurance policy. I feel great and my doctor attributed it to the fact that I am in very good physical condition and that I have never smoked. My life style from now on will be a lot more mellow and that's what I am going to have to learn to deal with. I have always been known as a HARD CHARGER.

Comment

Wow! John...glad you're doing betterl now.....stay mellow and WELL !

Comment

Working...
                              X