No announcement yet.

Wylde Audio Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to remember it as cat shit. Or maybe I'm confusing the JCF's scat episodes. LOL

Comment

Maybe it was cat shit then. You're right, there were quite a few scat episodes here.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
        Moneygrab? Seriously? He's let someone else get rich off of his name forever. Now that those agreements are coming to an end, and he's able to now use his own name for his own money, why shouldn't he try?

Moneygrab, lol
        Wait.... what?

I'm pretty sure he made lots of money endorsing other people's products. Most big name artists do. And if he didn't, he's an idiot for signing any agreements where he didn't. I'm fairly sure Hetfield, Hamster, King, Hanneman (rip), Lynch, Mustaine etc... all made really good money with much nicer Sig guitars.

This is pure greed, nothing else. If he wanted to make truly nice guitars, they wouldn't be cheap imports. Sure, they're cheap imports that will likely play well, but still, cheap imports.

So maybe you should think before you post. Or get Zak's balls out of your mouth. :p
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          I'm pretty sure he made lots of money endorsing other people's products.
          Yeah, seems like I remember one of those endorsements quite well:

Comment

Lol
            GEAR:
            #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
            #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
            #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
            #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
            #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
            AMPS:
            1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
            ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

I'm still waiting for my free guitar!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

lol

He has to know hundreds of custom guitar builders who would put his name on a great guitar's headstock, but obviously he's more interested in putting cheap guitars in the hands of his legions of fanbois.

That's why I think he's a sellout. lol

I'd rather have any Lynch sig than one of those piles. And I really don't care for most of either guitarists work.

Comment

Seriously? He's a sell out when he wants to put guitars in the hands of the fans instead of only the elite people with money? World guitars has a good rep when it comes to imports. if he was a sell out they would be really cheap and made in china, india, or Indonesia.

Comment

Obviously, you're a fan and I am not. There has to be good reasoning for him designing an efficient and ergonomic neck joint like that.

Seriously though... He wants to maximize his profits selling budget guitars directly. Nothing wrong with that but don't pretend it's not the truth.

Yeah, World Guitar is nice. They do better binding work than Jackson... by a mile. World Guitar could probably even build a better Jacksons than Jackson, but they're usually producing solid guitars for other brand's 2nd or 3rd tier lineups... is he actually playing these?

Comment

I'm actually not that big of a fan. See this is your problem the world guitars that lets say PRS sells are what 650-1100. How are these "budget guitars". AND yes I've see may of the prs signature SE guitars being played live by their name sakes. 99% of players can't afford what you think he should put out. What I do know is he seems like he is a down to earth guy and knows how to reach his fans.

Comment

World Guitar will build you a mediocre guitar if that's what you spec.... there are a number of $300 builds, $500 builds, $700 builds, $1000 builds, etc... They can also build you an amazing guitar if that's what you spec. Look at that atrocious neck heel joint. I can't even imagine the reasoning behind that. It certainly isn't indicative of what they're capable of. Would you tolerate any other company coming out with crap like that? Sorry, I've nothing personal against the guy. Just that if I want a Zakk Wylde guitar, I'd get an Epiphone LP if I couldn't afford better. I actually do kind of like that SGV body shape or whatever you want to call it. But money grab is money grab. World Guitars doesn't make many companies first tier guitars, they make budget guitars. And again, I'm not saying beginner's guitars or entry level stuff, but they do make that kind of stuff too.

Comment

Those heels can't be that much worse then a les paul and the ZV. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            What I do know is he seems like he is a down to earth guy and knows how to reach his fans.
                            You cannot be serious about this !!!!!

When the Zakk Wylde 357 Customs scam went down and Zakk/Chad Dyer got busted on the deal, what did Zakk do to protect his fans ? He stuck his head in the sand, hid behind his lawyer(while his manager lied about everything), then sued 357 Customs for OUR MONEY !!!! and his free motorcycle and did nothing to help all the fans that got ripped off. That in my book makes Zakk Wylde the largest douchebag in rock n' roll.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              World Guitar will build you a mediocre guitar if that's what you spec.... there are a number of $300 builds, $500 builds, $700 builds, $1000 builds, etc... They can also build you an amazing guitar if that's what you spec. Look at that atrocious neck heel joint. I can't even imagine the reasoning behind that. It certainly isn't indicative of what they're capable of. Would you tolerate any other company coming out with crap like that? Sorry, I've nothing personal against the guy. Just that if I want a Zakk Wylde guitar, I'd get an Epiphone LP if I couldn't afford better. I actually do kind of like that SGV body shape or whatever you want to call it. But money grab is money grab. World Guitars doesn't make many companies first tier guitars, they make budget guitars. And again, I'm not saying beginner's guitars or entry level stuff, but they do make that kind of stuff too.
                              Agree with pretty much everything you wrote but........... World Musical Instruments(WMI) does make DBZs "first tier" guitars. In fact, DBZ's USA shop became a victim of just how good the WMI Korean guitars were. The Korean WMI guitars were so good, there really wasn't much difference between a $700 Korean guitar and a $3000 USA guitar. The USA shop only made about 200 guitars over 2 1/2 years and had to shut down as it just couldn't sell $3000+ guitars and justify the price difference to consumers. I have 3 USA DBZs and 8 Korean DBZs. Bang-for-the-buck, you can't beat a Korean WMI DBZ guitar. The high end ones usually MAP for around $800-$1000 but I pick them up for around $300 all the time used like new and on blowout sales.

Case in point:

Last edited by lepard; 02-15-2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                                Agree with pretty much everything you wrote but........... World Musical Instruments(WMI) does make DBZs "first tier" guitars. In fact, DBZ's USA shop became a victim of just how good the WMI Korean guitars were. The Korean WMI guitars were so good, there really wasn't much difference between a $700 Korean guitar and a $3000 USA guitar. The USA shop only made about 200 guitars over 2 1/2 years and had to shut down as it just couldn't sell $3000+ guitars and justify the price difference to consumers. I have 3 USA DBZs and 8 Korean DBZs. Bang-for-the-buck, you can't beat a Korean WMI DBZ guitar. The high end ones usually MAP for around $800-$1000 but I pick them up for around $300 all the time used like new and on blowout sales.

Case in point:
                                You're talking about the exception, not the rule. Generally, most companies don't have World Guitars build them guitars better than their primary line on purpose. Just like Chushin Gakki could produce guitars equal to or rivaling USA Jackson, they did it a number of times with their early 90's non-US market stuff... 650XL/750XL, etc... and with the last Elite series. But generally they were spec'd guitars that wouldn't compete with their own. ESP vs World Guitar LTDs or PRS vs SE are perfect examples. The LTDs are really freaking nice, but nowhere near as nice as a real ESP build, IMO, and that's on purpose.

And you know that I think Wold Guitars is awesome. My 7 string BCR Rizzo... is freaking amazing. I would put it up against a USA Jackson any time and it would probably win most of the time in overall build quality. It's certainly better (but perhaps not as fancy or one-offish) than anything the BCR US CS put out. Mine has one tiny little flaw, a slight paint overspray on the binding that you wouldn't notice unless you take macro photos and are being extremely nitpicky. But it's certainly not the norm for World Guitars overall. The Schuldiner tributes are nice, but nowhere near as nice compared to the US line like the Rizzo.

Comment

Working...
                                X