Picked up a Carvin DC125 this past weekend. MINT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
    Found it on the used wall at the GC next to my house. It looks like it's never been played. No scratches or swirl marks anywhere on the front or back, frets look brand new, plays like a dream. This guitar with these options is about $1650 from Carvin, got it for $550 w/the case.

Alder body Tobacco Burst
    Flamed maple neck thru
    Reverse pointy headstock
    Sperzel tuners
    24 fret Ebony board
    Stainless jumbo frets
    Abalone diamond inlays and logo
    Rounded body edges
    Original Floyd
    Screamin Demon pickup w/ mini coil tap switch
    1 lone volume knob

Damn you !!! Now I'm kicking myself for not ordering the flame neck option !!!

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
      You're right - they are tough to beat. I used to live a half mile from the factory, just "dropping by" the showroom became a nasty habit . Plus I loved Vicki Petersen's (The Bangles) white Carvin in the "Walk Like an Egyptian" video.....there ya go - the secret is out .
      Man, I would LOVE to be able to visit their showroom! As far as I can remember, I've never had my hands on any Carvin guitar (although I owned an X100B head for a few years). I can't wait to get mine in.

And yeah, the Bangles were hot!
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
        Agree w/ everything. Loving the oiled necks and SS frets !!!

Not to hi-jack but I'll spread the love and share mine ... since all the previous threads disappeared w/ the black out.

I got the satin option for the back of the neck. I'll bet the tung oil would feel great, but those painted neck backs look great.

I was admiring your quilt in another thread recently. That looks incredible. If I love the DC600 that's on the way, I may also opt for a Bolt down the road and your red quilt is at the top of my list.

EDIT: How do you like the stock pickups?
        Last edited by PowerTube; 01-28-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I got the standard C22J & C22B combo. Been thinking about switching it out for a pair of Suhrs - but it's really starting to grow on me. Nothing a tweak of the EQ can't fix.

Ha funny thing - was just thinking about ordering a DC600 the other day after this bolt on. Already have the specs all planned out. This neck-thru my go over the $2k mark though - I really want it all spec'd out w/ a flame maple neck and board.

Too bad Carvin doesn't do 24 fret bolt ons - I really wanted to build a poor mans PC-1 w/ crazy quilt / color / neck options.

Comment

I got the standard C22J & C22B combo. Been thinking about switching it out for a pair of Suhrs - but it's really starting to grow on me. Nothing a tweak of the EQ can't fix.

Ha funny thing - was just thinking about ordering a DC600 the other day after this bolt on. Already have the specs all planned out. This neck-thru my go over the $2k mark though - I really want it all spec'd out w/ a flame maple neck and board.

Too bad Carvin doesn't do 24 fret bolt ons - I really wanted to build a poor mans PC-1 w/ crazy quilt / color / neck options.
            I ordered an M22SD back in the 80's. I didn't dislike it at all, but it wasn't the "magic" I erroneously expected from it.

Well, I have some great news for you..... they're about to start doing 24-fret bolt-ons! No kidding. They introduced the new Greg Howe signature series Bolt at NAMM with 24 frets, and rumor has it that they're about to also offer a non-signature version. I hope so. if they do, I'll seriously sell a few guitars to fund one.

Comment

Hot damn ! I'm gassing !!!

Check out the green frost neck-thru for $800 !!

http://www.carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.p...33e07bbd52fbc2

Comment

Hot damn ! I'm gassing !!!

Check out the green frost neck-thru for $800 !!

http://www.carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.p...33e07bbd52fbc2
                Yep! I recently became a member over there, and so is Toejam and the OP of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post

Like I said on the Carvin forum, that is awesome! I've always wanted a DC125 and will probably get one eventually. I already have its equivalent in 7- and 8-string versions.
                  20140711_132158.jpg
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice grab from a GC. Congrats. Always dug the DC125 models.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                      Nice grab from a GC. Congrats. Always dug the DC125 models.
                      Thanks.

And Gfunk, thats a nice quilt that thing. I bet the pics dont do it justice.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Amazing neck flame on that one Adrock. It's my favorite type/density of flame. The inlays and reverse headstock made me think I was looking at a BC Rich at first.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          The inlays and reverse headstock made me think I was looking at a BC Rich at first.
                          The back of the neck reminds me of an early USA-made Hamer.

Comment

First time I've seen a flame neck on a plain top. Wonder why the original owner configured it like that .....

Usually it's the other way around. That flame neck is a $200 option, figured they spec out a nice top to go w/ that gorgeous neck since they are already dropping dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
                              You lucky sob....love the rounded shape very sexy...since a case runs around $100 to $150 you got the guitar for about $400.00. They say the only "problem" with Carvins is in the resell market.....You seem to have SOLVED that problem!...I'm jealous...how come I never find these deals ??????
                              I agree such a score.

Don't forget that German OFR is 200 bones bare minimum.

Comment

First time I've seen a flame neck on a plain top. Wonder why the original owner configured it like that .....

Usually it's the other way around. That flame neck is a $200 option, figured they spec out a nice top to go w/ that gorgeous neck since they are already dropping dough.
                                Actually the flamed neck is a $300 option. Also, in the builder, if you click the flamed neck thru option it doesn't let you choose a book matched flame top which seems odd.

For the hell of it I priced out the options on the builder. Here's how it came out. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the Screamin Demon was put in by the last owner or they asked for it when they ordered it.

My Toys:
                                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                                '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                                '94 Dinky HX in Black
                                '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
                                X