Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which version of my custom do you guys like better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version of my custom do you guys like better?

String-thru or have it built with a Schaller Hannes?

The guitar will have a 5A flamed maple drop top, alder body, 3-piece maple neck, ebony board, 24 fret with scalloped frets 12-24, 1 volume, 1 3-way toggle, 1 killswitch, sperzel locking tuners, MOP ESP custom logo, X2N (b) and Evolution (n), black binding, natural satin finish on the back of a thin U neck.

I have to admit as much as I love string-thru guitars that Schaller Hannes looks really cool. What do you guys think?

Cough* kahler cough*
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

I loves me a TOM but the Schaller looks really nice ergonomically. Having never played one before and looking at it though, it might be harder to palm mute with the Schaller.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
        Cough* kahler cough*
        What do you mean DK? It looks like a Kahler or you would prefer a Kahler on that guitar?

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        I loves me a TOM but the Schaller looks really nice ergonomically. Having never played one before and looking at it though, it might be harder to palm mute with the Schaller.
        Maybe the action would be a little too low? Or are you just referring to hand placement?

Comment

I prefer the TOM personally, I'm not sure what the Schaller does, but with the TOM you see more of the wood and with a 5A top that can only be a good thing.

Comment

The Hannes bridge has some unique qualities, like you guys I love TOM's, but the Hannes would strictly be for function if I get it. Here is a video that explains a little bit of what it does and what advantages it has. Since I have no personal experience with it I can't comment on what is bullshit and what really works but ESP really wants it on my guitar and my dealer believes it would be a great addition to the custom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odRzHZ9fbxM

Carbon Fiber version

Comment

seems cool..
              some comments here http://www.allparts.com/SB-5820-010-...me_p_3346.html

edit
              I guess the only caveat is if your picking with your teeth and break a string, the saddle may poke your eye out.
              Last edited by LaoWai; 08-19-2014, 04:36 AM.
              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Not a fan of the TOM... I like how it plays, but everything else about it is dated. I'd rather try the new Schaller.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                  Maybe the action would be a little too low? Or are you just referring to hand placement?
                  Just with a TOM the strings break over the bridge at a hard angle. You can kind of just roll your hand forward to get your palm mutes in. With the Hannes it looks like the strings slowly rise out and don't appear to break outside the bridge itself. It would just mean adapting a little compared to a TOM where the string contact is kind of a knife edge.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Floyd it. LOL

Comment

Yeah, I'll take the 3rd version with the OFR, or....................... the 15 string version

Comment

I've always liked TOM bridges or hardtails. Go for the Schaller Hannes!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

top one but a top mounted Floyd would win if in the game
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hannes, plus I like the direct mount look versus the pickup rings.

Comment

ahh just watched the video...go with the schaller!

Comment

Working...
                              X