6,7,8... they're great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6,7,8... they're great!

Crappy cell phone pic, but got my 3 Carvins together.
    2002 Classic White SC90, 2011 Vintage Yellow (maple body with mahogany/maple neck) DC727, and 2014 Blue Mist DC800.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Cool stuff, Toe. Love the 5 piece neck in the middle.

Comment

Awesome axes! I have a Carvin C66 on order as I type this - due @ early October. The waiting...

Comment

Very nice
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That 8 string scares me a little. lol
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Great indeed toejams! You have exquisite taste in guitars.

Comment

groovy. I see a 5 string in your future...
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                Awesome axes! I have a Carvin C66 on order as I type this - due @ early October. The waiting...
                Thanks. The waiting is the hardest part! I waited 9 weeks for the 7-string and about 10 for the 8-string. Can't wait to see your C66 when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                  That 8 string scares me a little. lol
                  8 strings used to scare me, too! My fiance saw an LTD 8 in GC or Sam Ash earlier in the year and said it looked cool. I went and checked it out, and I found out the neck wasn't as wide as I thought and it was pretty manageable. I decided to buy one cheap off ebay and enjoyed it a lot (standard 25.5" scale). I really wanted to order another Carvin and just decided on the baritone 8 with 27" scale and love it! I sold the LTD on craigslist and made most of my money back.
                  If you ever get a chance to noodle around on an 8, go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    If you ever get a chance to noodle around on an 8, go for it!
                    I find if I don't play my 8 often enough, I get lost every time I come back to it. It's not like playing a 7 at all. 7 still feels like a guitar, 8 feels like something totally different. At least to me.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So sweet

i have decided to sell my carvin. I need more machines to do more builds. I am tired of going to the wood working clubb to use their shit. I love the guitar but i know i can build something just as good and it should fetch a good $800 if i'm lucky.
                      Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

From a pure looks perspective, I like the DC800 the best!

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        I find if I don't play my 8 often enough, I get lost every time I come back to it. It's not like playing a 7 at all. 7 still feels like a guitar, 8 feels like something totally different. At least to me.
                        That's what I found too, which is why I sold both 8 strings I had. The first was 25.5", which I found too cramped. The second was 28.625", which actually felt a lot better, but it was also a bit unwieldy. I had a hard time playing clean (muting 8 strings is a bitch) and I didn't want to resort to one of those fret wrap things

Comment

Working...
                        X