NGD: BC Rich outlaw/gunslinger red crackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: BC Rich outlaw/gunslinger red crackle

Last week I looked into a generic Craig's List ad where the owner said he was selling some BC Rich's because he was moving. The ad didn't have a lot of details other than he was a longtime BCR owner and said he had "too many guitars to list." So I ended up talking to the guy, and sure enough, he had a lot of Rich's. But this one caught my eye so it came home with me. It's one of The Outlaw models which is an import version of the gunslingers. I've seen a few other Outlaws and all of them have been crackle graphics - but not one like this. Don't let the crappy photos fool you. I couldn't get a pic that shows the true colors of this one. It's actually metallic red with a bright neon orange crackle. All the pics I took of it, the orange shows up like yellow. Trust me, it's a bright color and not even close to yellow. When I showed it to my wife her response was "Please tell me you're going to paint that a different color." So it's got to be cool because she normally doesn't make any comments about my guitars. LOL

The other unusual spec with this one are the inlays. Anyone ever seen another Outlaw or other BC Rich with these inlays?

Overall, the guitar is in decent shape with some dents and battle scars. I'm sure it's been played a lot over the years and has some stories. But the neck is smooth, plays really nice and has a great tone with the Bill Lawrence pickup in it. I'll keep it in there for now but may swap it out for a Duncan custom at some point.

So you never know what you'll find from generic CL ads.

Very cool. I vaugely recall seeing a guitar with inlays like that a long time ago, but can't remember if it was a B.C. Rich or not.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow. If I had seen that before I'd remember it burning out my retinas LOL!

Comment

Killer..

Comment

Very cool. BCR can be a bit hit or miss but some of them are magical.

Comment

Awesome paint job, total eyesore head stock.

All in all, very cool! Congrats!!

Comment

yes those inlays were used on better NJ's in the later 80's. also im pretty sure thats a USA body as there was NO import gunslinger, until recently and those routes look US not import to me. if you do want to find a US made neck for it, avoid those NOS ones on ebay, 99% of them are fake.

Comment

& what other BCRs did he have for sale, im always looking for USA neckthrus.

Comment

Damn, that's hot!
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Nice score, always wanted a BC Rich .

Comment

Paint it a different colour? Is she mad? That finish is so hot, congrats.

Comment

Looks great John!!
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That headstock is a blessing!

Comment

the nj series had those inlays...had a black mockingbird with those...put a real floyd on it and you're good to go...d.m.
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                            X