What do you guys think of this custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    The Hipshot is a nice bridge. Here's one on my Carvin 8-string, also with no ring.
    A TOM is also nice, it's just whatever you prefer more.
    That looks great to me! It would be my first Hipshot too so you might have to give me the run down.

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Ditch the rings and use the cost savings to buy some fingerboard inlays.
    Ha!

Comment

I think guitars with clean ebony boards ( no inlays ) look sexy as hell and I own 2 (prs and bc rich) that don't have the inlays. I front a metal band and there's times I do find it challenging without the inlays. I would prefer them be on both my guitars. If I was just shredding, I don't think it would bother me as much....
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
        I think guitars with clean ebony boards ( no inlays ) look sexy as hell and I own 2 (prs and bc rich) that don't have the inlays. I front a metal band and there's times I do find it challenging without the inlays. I would prefer them be on both my guitars. If I was just shredding, I don't think it would bother me as much....
        You'd be surprised how easy it actually is to play with no inlays. Give yourself a night of practicing on a guitar like that and you won't miss them. I'll wager you all play rather well without the inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
          You'd be surprised how easy it actually is to play with no inlays. Give yourself a night of practicing on a guitar like that and you won't miss them. I'll wager you all play rather well without the inlays.
          No inlays and odd inlays that don't conform to the normal 3.5.7.9.12 routine...
          Playing at home, by yourself, can be odd because that is when we tend to look at our fingers. But live, when our eyes are fixed on the crowd (boobs) and we are doing all of the entertainment stuff instead of having our heads buried... Then it doesn't matter.

Comment

I don't need inlays when I play, but I can understand people who have never tried guitars without inlays might think its tricky.
            In all honesty though, you look on the side dots and not the inlays more, right?
            As for pickup rings or none, go with none and modify if you feel they are missing!

Pup rings=more Jackson-ish!

Comment

Working...
            X