Ngd! E-ii m-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd! E-ii m-1

My second E-II and I had to perform immediate surgery. Some fool at ESP put Gotoh Locking Tuners on this version of the M-1 and I wasn't having it. Out came the tools and I spent last night installing Sperzels and jamming. The hardware on the M-1 is actually black not black nickel like in most pictures on vendor websites. I love the natural finish on the back of the neck.

- Neck Thru Construction
    - Alder Body
    - Maple Neck with Ebony Fingerboard
    - 24 XJ Frets
    - Black Hardware
    - Gotoh Tuners (murdered and replaced with Sperzels)
    - Gotoh T.O.M. Bridge
    - Single EMG 81 (B) Active Pickup

I wanted to take pics outside but it's drizzling so...

Comment

Looking sharp, but enquiring minds wish to know: What's wrong with gotoh?
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
        Looking sharp, but enquiring minds wish to know: What's wrong with gotoh?
        I find them tedious, I should have saved the set I took off for one of you all that has better luck with them, but them Gotoh's fate was sealed inside a garbage can since I couldn't resist the urge. The one area where a guitar manufacturer usually fails when everything else on the guitar is great is with the tuners. Those Gotoh Locking Tuners make changing strings take longer, and I use 10/52 D'Adds and drop tune sometimes and the Gotoh's seem temperamental in lower tunings.

Sperzels have always served me well. I just cut the little placement pin on the back of the Sperzel off and install it by slowly wrenching down so I can keep it straight then tighten it down for good. They hold just fine and sometimes one or 2 holes on the head stock will put up some fight but the sizes are close enough to where you can muscle the Sperzels on. That of course makes most players cringe at the thought but it does work just fine.

Been doing it for years and never had a single issue.
        Last edited by ZL1hawk; 05-04-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Nice looking axe!

Comment

Working...
          X