NPD- Cali p'up/image change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD- Cali p'up/image change

It's no secret that I have a rather unwholesome affinity for the 80's hair metal and shred scenes. Love most things about that period. So, it should come as no surprise that when it was time to swap the SH-5 Custom's for the properly F-spaced TB-5's on two of my Hamer Cali's, I went with eye-searing neon colors!

In addition to the significant improvement in the axes' tone, I'm digging the subtle but significant contribution to their 80's vibe. Now the question is: can I find a neon orange TB-5 for my Python Cali (bottom picture)? :think:

I'm another 80's fan here, those all look great!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks Rudy. Sadly, Universal Jems don't make F-spaced bobbin toppers in orange anymore. So, I'll go with neon red. Ah well.

Comment

80's all the way Vector. Those are nice. Good luck.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
          Thanks Rudy. Sadly, Universal Jems don't make F-spaced bobbin toppers in orange anymore. So, I'll go with neon red. Ah well.
          Does Brian sell much of anything any more? I emailed him about some pickup rings a few months ago for my Hamer Special, he responded back to me, asking about exactly which size I needed, then he never replied back to my reply. He's also a member here but hasn't been on in years.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO nice
            Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Wow.... That's some trio

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Does Brian sell much of anything any more? I emailed him about some pickup rings a few months ago for my Hamer Special, he responded back to me, asking about exactly which size I needed, then he never replied back to my reply. He's also a member here but hasn't been on in years.
                Dunno. Sure hope so! I went to his website and purchased them via paypal. 4 bucks including shipping handling. Better receive the item I ordered.

Comment

You had a "signifigant improvement in tone" going from the SH spacing to the TB?
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Vector,
                    Try the link below. The guys at "best-decal" sell pickup skins - vinyl stickers that cover the pickup bobbins. I think you could get pretty much any color you want.

http://www.best-decals.com/index.php...oducts_id=1258

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                      You had a "signifigant improvement in tone" going from the SH spacing to the TB?
                      No, not a signigant improvement.

Perhaps "tone" is not the best term for it but yes- I had a significant improvement in sound as a result of going to the TB-5's. As in, a discernible, distinct, quantifiable difference in sound over the SH-5. To MY ears, it was an improvement.
                      Last edited by vector; 04-28-2014, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X