How are LTD's these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are LTD's these days?

I've had great luck with them in the past but I'm curious if they are the same quality today?

Or an E-II?

Comment

The Korean ones are still great. It wasn't that long ago that I played one just like the one you pictured

Comment

LTD = Lousy Tone Dog

Comment

That eii is made in japan and a much better guitar than the ltds imo

Comment

The key on LTD's it to look on the back of the headstock.
            E-Serial number = World Guitars South Korea = High Quality
            The last 3-5 years or so have been made in China and are of horrible quality.

Here's a perfect example. This guitar has been hanging for sale at the local Guitar Center for about a year:

Comment

Eww thst e string is jumping off the board. Terribly warped or misaligned
              Last edited by z1n; 04-27-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Ok thanks guys! I bought this straight ward monster today

Comment

i have an M-107.. Its plays ok.. frets are ok.. not great but not bad... The body feels a tad too thick for me and im not crazy abouty the neck finish.. i like my jacksons neck finish so much better..It does stay in tune and doesnt buzz though.. Weakest point on the M-107 is the damn pickups..Will be changed eventually but since I rarely play this guitar, its not a very high priority

i bought it because I wanted a 7 string to mess around with..
                  GEAR:
                  #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                  #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                  #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                  #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                  #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                  AMPS:
                  1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                  ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

I own 2 of them. An EC50 and an EC1000. They are outstanding guitars and are my 2 go to guitars live. I actually prefer the EC50. Its the bottom of the line LP style LTD, I have EMG's in it and it plays great, sounds great and stays in tune perfectly. I love the guitar. Out of a room full of guitars that cost thousands each I seem to always pick up one of my LTD's.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
                      i have an M-107.. Its plays ok.. frets are ok.. not great but not bad... The body feels a tad too thick for me and im not crazy abouty the neck finish.. i like my jacksons neck finish so much better..It does stay in tune and doesnt buzz though.. Weakest point on the M-107 is the damn pickups..Will be changed eventually but since I rarely play this guitar, its not a very high priority

i bought it because I wanted a 7 string to mess around with..
                      If you buy one of these you'll totally turn into a 7 string freak from hell!

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      I own 2 of them. An EC50 and an EC1000. They are outstanding guitars and are my 2 go to guitars live. I actually prefer the EC50. Its the bottom of the line LP style LTD, I have EMG's in it and it plays great, sounds great and stays in tune perfectly. I love the guitar. Out of a room full of guitars that cost thousands each I seem to always pick up one of my LTD's.
                      Strange ain't it? It's almost like a curse.

Comment

Working...
                      X