Two customs and my first graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two customs and my first graphic

Hey all. Hadn't posted anything in a while so I thought I'd share. Sorry for the bad pictures, my cellphone is really starting to show its age. Anyway on to the good stuff. A couple of customs built for me by Benford Guitars. Steve is an awesome builder and a great guy to deal with, I can't say enough good things. Both of these are walnut bodied with maple tops. Rosewood necks, but the Autumn burst guitar has an ebony board. The little leaf inlay is burled maple, thought it came out really cool

Through getting to know Steve throughout the builds, he approached me about doing a graphic for an art series of guitars he was planning to do. I'd never attempted this before but was up for the challenge. Im actually really happy with how it turned out. I wanted to go for a very bold, 80's-90's inspired graphic, with some obvious nods to Warren D. It was really fun to do this, and really glad that he let me be a part of it.

Comment

AWESOME!!!!! I am so so so glad you found Steve. He is a great guy, and an even better luthier. I wish you could visit his shop and see the joy he gets from what he does. He really does get jazzed about cool builds, and I have seen yours in person as they have been coming along. They turned out fantastic. Can't say enough. GREAT!!
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
        AWESOME!!!!! I am so so so glad you found Steve. He is a great guy, and an even better luthier. I wish you could visit his shop and see the joy he gets from what he does. He really does get jazzed about cool builds, and I have seen yours in person as they have been coming along. They turned out fantastic. Can't say enough. GREAT!!
        Ah thanks for chiming in!! I forgot to thank you in the post, it was your Koa build thread on here that led me to him.

Comment

All 3 look great.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very nice! I remember when you posted the thread of the black one, 23 frets. I see 23 on the Autumn Burst, also.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X