80"s Warmoth build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80"s Warmoth build

Bob Willcutt of Willcutt Guitars built this one in the 80's and it hung in the store up until 2 years ago with a huge crack smoker price of course.
    The guy that bought it sold it to me today.
    Its a very nice guitar and has a tree trunk for a neck.Very nice zebra wood body, the neck is freakin awesome!
    Duncan tele bridge pick up some kind of single in the middle and a silver lace sensor in the neck.
    I'll take it all apart tonight and see whats under the pick guard.
    Super clean hardware but a few scuffs on the body but pretty minor really.Body is oil finished best I can tell.
    Sounds great and plays great too.
    May keep it may flip it who knows?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

that looks great.
    Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

cool piece boss
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Have it apart right now and super tight neck pocket.
        Middle pick up I am unsure about the tag has faded and hard to read.
        Body is routed for two singles and a Tele bridge pick up so no funny business under the guard.
        No neck shims either very tight build indeed.
        I'll get some gut shots here in a minute.

Comment

Looks real comfy in the absolute best way! Again Stray, your killing it man!!!
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Looks like no screw has been turned on it since it was built everything is tighter than Dick's hat band.
            Routed for two singles and a tele bridge pick ups so no funny business under the guard.
            Here are some pics and see if you can tell me what the middle pick up is.Kind looks like a Duncan but could be something else.
            Attached Files

Comment

very cool, interesting pickup config withe tele bridge. Large headstock, tree trunk profile i sright up my alley
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Really liking the Lace sensor silver in the neck I may go with Lace's all the way if I keep it.
                The guitar is pretty quacky I'll say that, sort of a strat tele mix tone wise.
                I believe the middle is a DiMarzio.

Comment

That middle pickup looks more like a Duncan. The dimarzios I've had had voids between the lugs. I'll take pics next time I pull the pick guard off my rg550.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

You may be right 84 just found an old DiMarzio single and the color is quite a bit different and yes there are holes between the slugs.
                    So it more than likely is a Duncan.
                    Probably go find a loaded guard with Lace sensors to go in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X