Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am constructing a Jake E. Lee, Whitie Clone :) Not exact specs, but close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am constructing a Jake E. Lee, Whitie Clone :) Not exact specs, but close!

I have always had a fascination with Jake's "Whitie" guitar. For many years, I'd wanted to build my own version of it. In January, I contacted Tommy @ USA CUSTOM GUITARS, He did everything to my specs. Swimming pool route so those angled pups can go in nicely, alder body, Maple neck with rosewood board. I like a VERY flat radius board, so I went with 20" and 6100 frets. Black hardtail bridge,Black Sperzel graduated locking tuners with pearl buttons. Warmouth supplied a basically blank pick guard...routed for a five way switch and I think the humbucker is routed. My tech is swamped and had to get some parts for me...but I know this will be worth the wait! It'll be assembled, I'll try it a little, then it'll be disassembled and headed for paint. I'm having it painted 1991 Cadillac Pearl WA-9069(brighter of two basecoats). The headstock as well as the body. It will look awesome once it's done! One volume knob, DiMarzio area 61, 67 and a Tone Zone (for now LOL) will reside atop of the guard. Here are a few photos(nothing to see, really) of how it was when I got it. I was blown away at the quality of USACG. Tommy and the boys really did a nice job!! It's been over a month already(it feels like a year LOLOLL I AM SO ANXIOUS!!). With luck, it'll be headed for paint within the next few weeks. I will post additional pics and impressions once it's done.

all ready for paint! graphite nut was fitted, single coils routed for the slant, drilled and fitted the neck. she will be pearl white very soon!

Comment

You should hit up ~K and see if you can snag one of those killer hand made bridges to go on that.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This is pretty good. Thanks, maybe I will. I'm picking it up tomorrow! Waiting to hear back from a local painter. Otherwise, it's being sent out.

Comment

It is back from paint and will be dropped off to my tech tomorrow for final assembly Note: this is simply a standard, Fender pickguard which fits perfectly. The slanted single guard is at My Tech's and is HOPEFULLY on the guitar by now!!!

On to the pics of it painted:

Last edited by JZ06; 05-11-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Nice - Love the colour!

Comment

Tommy does a great job I have a few of his necks and the fretwork is awesome.
              I think Jake's guitar has a bit of purple pearl in the paint.
              Really looks good so far can't wait to see it finished.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks! yeah, Tommy was a joy to deal with. He banged this right out. Yep, Jake has purple pearl in his finish. I've always liked this particular shade of Pearl. It'll be so nice once it's done. I am dying to get it back and play/record with it!!! Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

Lookin' hot

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Sick man! I love that color! Reminds me of a Cadillac Eldorado or somethin. Can you post a pic next to a jackson 10-16 or fender 9" for reference?
                      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

It's done ��. Pics coming after work tonight. Yes, I'll post a pic of my Tele neck with a 9.5" radius. I have a 12"-16" on my blue Jackson, I can include that if you like. This work day can't end soon enough!!

Comment

this is such an incredible guitar!! 6.65 pounds, so well balanced. the 20" radius board is a dream to play. it does clean sounds/overdriven sounds so effortlessly. WOW!!!! what a guitar!!!

Comment

WOW! thats mint as, I like it a lot,
                            Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

It plays as well or better than it looks thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X