NGD Gibson 57 RI Goldtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Gibson 57 RI Goldtop

This came in yesterday, she is a 2009 R7 and a beauty of a player. I still need to wire the PU's as I ran out of time last night before the Red Wings came on and my world stops when that happens lol. I got this from a forum classified and the owner gave the option of buying with no pickups which saved about $400 off the asking price.

My 3rd Les Paul after 30 years of not caring one way or the other on em.

2008 57 RI B7, 2009 R7, 2012 Traditional Plus
    shawnlutz.com

those are some beauties!

I find myself leaning towards LPs and Strats as my playing becomes less "shreddy"

What kind of pickups did you throw in there?
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

I love my LP. Nice looking grouping.
      Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Nice. My next lp will probably be a gold top. Love the r7.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Love that Goldtop! Nice score.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
            those are some beauties!

I find myself leaning towards LPs and Strats as my playing becomes less "shreddy"

What kind of pickups did you throw in there?
            DiMarzi'os. A Transition in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck. I may have to change that one as the leads are not long enough to hit the neck Vol and Tone controls. I may wire it up in reverse as the neck pu leads reach the bridge pots fine.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post

I too fall into this category. I don't NOT still love all of my Charvels...never really got hooked on Jackson..but I REALLY dig strats and LP's more lately.

and BTW Shawn,
              those are some pretty damn sweet Pauls you got there....errr..except the three bucker ...that is a look on a guitar I will NEVER care for. That new GT though...that thing is one nice lookin git man!
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

LOL bombtek the 57 RI LPC is my favorite LP...it will shame any Les Paul Custom that it comes up against Growing up I had no feelings for LP whatsoeer but the one that stuck was Randy Rhoads 3 PU real 57 Les Paul Custom...only reason I bought it and certainly glad I did..thing has all sorts of mojo and plays ans sounds great.

As fare as shredding, to me I play the same way on any guitar, super strat, regular strat, LP's or acoustics... the guitar you use doesn't make you able to play, your technique does
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

lurve the goldtop. How's that Transition sound? I'm very interested in those
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    LOL bombtek the 57 RI LPC is my favorite LP...it will shame any Les Paul Custom that it comes up against Growing up I had no feelings for LP whatsoeer but the one that stuck was Randy Rhoads 3 PU real 57 Les Paul Custom...only reason I bought it and certainly glad I did..thing has all sorts of mojo and plays ans sounds great.

As fare as shredding, to me I play the same way on any guitar, super strat, regular strat, LP's or acoustics... the guitar you use doesn't make you able to play, your technique does
                    yep.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      lurve the goldtop. How's that Transition sound? I'm very interested in those
                      unfortunately I didnt have time to finish wiring it up last nigh...hopefully I can make some time tonight as I have a real busy weekend work wise. I'' let ya know when I do as I'm just as curious.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Gary - wired up yesterday. The Transition (bridge) is pretty good in this one. Fairly high output yet cleans up nicely with volume roll off. Nice mids and harmonics. The Air Norton in the neck isn't gonna stay very long, too muddy and too hot form my liking in the neck
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice Goldtop. I don't know why, but I always prefer covered pickups in Gibby's.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                            Gary - wired up yesterday. The Transition (bridge) is pretty good in this one. Fairly high output yet cleans up nicely with volume roll off. Nice mids and harmonics. The Air Norton in the neck isn't gonna stay very long, too muddy and too hot form my liking in the neck
                            nice. Thanks for the review, Shawn. I'll have to check 'em out
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Most of you guys know how I feel about Gibson........ But that is a beautiful guitar bro. Nice score and HNGD!
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X