fender stratocaster issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender stratocaster issues

My strat sounds great, nice neck profile states in tune but the volume control is in the wrong place I keep hitting it with my picking hand and when I move my hand I end up picking the middle pickup.
    Rant over.
    no sig.....

Same issue with my Strat. Just the nature of the beast I suppose.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I've got more of an issue with whacking the 5-way switch accidentally on a Fender strat. Say what you will about those J/C pickup mini-switches, at least they tend to be out of the freakin way.

Comment

I would rather have the toggles than that pesky 5 way in the way all the time.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Ah.....change the pickguard so the volume control is out of your way. This will mean that you will have a single master tone control, if you want it. You can also just require the guitar with the existing pickguard and have a hole in it which you can plug up. That's the beauty of having a pickguard vs. a rear loaded body.

Comment

Fender should place their volume knob where Jackson does. You never see any complaints about Jackson's volume knob placement...
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              Fender should place their volume knob where Jackson does. You never see any complaints about Jackson's volume knob placement...
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Both reasons why i don't own a strat...
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                Kiesel Aries
                Charvel USA Wild Card #3
                EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

I actually like where the volume knob is, it's easy to adjust while playing and I don't hit it. The 5 way is problematic for me, more when sitting than when standing. The worst part is I only ever hit it when I'm in the zone, immediately knocking me uncomfortably out of said zone.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    I actually like where the volume knob is, it's easy to adjust while playing and I don't hit it. The 5 way is problematic for me, more when sitting than when standing. The worst part is I only ever hit it when I'm in the zone, immediately knocking me uncomfortably out of said zone.
                    Ha! Yeah I'm usually in the buttery "neck pickup zone", wailing away, then sort of puzzled, only to discover I'm now in the quacky "neck/middle pickup zone".

Comment

Working...
                    X