Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CARVINS!!!! Got a new bolt and took some new pics :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARVINS!!!! Got a new bolt and took some new pics :)

You can check out lots more pics here: http://carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.php?p=494063#494063

And if you haven't seen my video ("Monstrumental" inspired by "The Monster" by Eminem featuring Rihanna) with my crimson red bolt-C and my crimson red CC275, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P10et7SuCUg
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Deff sweet.
    Love the color.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice guitars, dig your "Monstrumental" also
      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Ah, so that's what their new pink looks like. Never been a big fan of pink guitars, but that is a nice shade.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Carvin is great and so under rated. I had an old V220. It's the only guitar I've ever owned that I sold and I regret it to this day.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I'm ordering another Carvin in March still debating what I want to get though. Nice to be faced with such tough decisions again
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

The pink reminds me of the colour inside a vagina I love it!
              Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Do these guitars come assembled?

Comment

Charvelsteen ... that is my story as well when people ask me why I have a pink guitar lol

Chrisf ... yes, they also sell kits, but these come full assembled and set up. These models are the "bolt" and "bolt +" which are strat copies essentially, but Carvin also makes neck-throughs, set necks, carved tops, and so forth. They have about 15 different body shapes and styles, different headstocks, etc. Most of their shapes resemble other manufacturers' shapes, like LPs and such. They even have a reverse-RR shape. I think it's obvious that I play the bolts because I love strats and Charvels. Carvin is like a buffet of guitar choices. You pick what you want and they build what you ask. Craftsmanship is above par, and the prices are direct so you can get what would be $4000 guitars in stores for half or less than half the price.

Comment

Love it! Pink guitars are so macho!!

Comment

How does it compare with Charvel?

Comment

I've played the following Charvels and Jacksons: lots of DK2s (Japan), DK1, SL1, SL2H, XTRR, KE2T, Y2KV ... Charvel Traditional, USA San Dimas (ones that came out in 2006 I believe or 2007, and a few Japanese Charvels.

Carvins are built as well as USA Jacksons, no doubt about it. My favorite was an XTRR and it played amazingly. It was Snakeskin. But I didn't have it long. Had to sell it to pay rent, so only had it for about 6 months. My current Carvins play as well as that guitar, and that was the best playing Jackson I ever had. The pink was is the best player out of the 4. I'm going to try to set the others up a little better, but they all play amazing.

Comment

I'm going to have to try one.. Did you get it for $700?

Comment

They have an online builder where you can spec out different guitars. I think my latest one was closer to $900 but they vary anywhere from $600 for a bare-bones build to around $2500 for all the frills. And their kits are around $400. I keep waiting for someone to buy a bolt plus kit and send it to Mike Learn. Seems a no-brainer but I don't think anyone's done it yet.

Comment

Sweet!! I am ordering a DC125C and ST300C soon. Just a bridge humbucker and volume knob on mine. All oiled mahogany on one and Pearl Yellow all maple on the other. I am asking them too leave the pearl out of the paint though so it is a little brighter in color.

Comment

Working...
                              X