Cool mutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool mutt

86 Charvel model 3 body USACG birdseye 22 fret strat head neck. 80's Dimarzio PAF out of an old Hamer,J-100V single and little 59 in the neck. 3 way switch and mini switch for a mild cocked wah effect. German OFR and Schaller tuners. Old school DiMarzio rising sun graphic over the original finish then cleared. RS guitar works 540 k super pot and vintage wire.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 01-31-2014, 03:47 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

That's pretty nice!

Comment

That's pretty sweet!
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Lovely!

Comment

Cool project. If that were all-original you'd be ducking stacks of cash that I'd be hurling at you!

Comment

If there's no buzzing with that action, that's one HELL of a sweet setup.
            Fits the guitar....cuz that is one HELL of a cool looking mutt.
            Bet she's a player!
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Is that a 7.25" radius on that neck?
              I only ask that because it's actually EASY to see the curvature of it in your pics and usually, it's pretty damn tough to see it THAT easily unless the radius is vintage. (7.25")
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The radius is std USACG deff not 7.25.my guess it is 12 degrees.
                Action is 4/32 from the board to the string after the last fret.
                No buzzing anywhere and I could go lower if I wanted too.
                It rings out really nice and plays great.
                Once the neck gets to realizing its a guitar neck and gets broken in it will only get better.
                Does the trem warble thing nicely too.
                Last edited by straycat; 01-31-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Must be the angle of the pics

Comment

Beautiful neck. What's the story on the Jackson decal?

Comment

Its a paint mask. I have some water slide decals but those are for restorations.

Comment

I love the rising sun graphic. I'm actually in the middle of doing that to an old Charvel fusion special.

Comment

Post pics when you get done.I'm sure its going to be bad ass.

Comment

Wow, nice birdseye on the neck! Great job!

Comment

I'm doing one as well found a body that had an rs originally but had been stripped except for the work order
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X