my newest ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my newest ibanez

got this last month. it is pretty nice. I ordered a new pickguard - single hum, white pearloid. I will be installing a JB when it gets here. pics:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Awesome RG! What model is that?
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
      Awesome RG! What model is that?
      Indeed!!!!!

It's not a Prestige or Premium and the closest is a 450M, so.........custom ordered colour and rosewood board?

Puuuuurty colour though!
      www.vvforums.com

Comment

it is a sam ash limited run RG450. I was surprised at how nicely it played. I was never a fan of the lower end RGs, but this one has it all: looks, tone, feel - all for the great price of $399!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
          Indeed!!!!!

It's not a Prestige or Premium and the closest is a 450M, so.........custom ordered colour and rosewood board?

Puuuuurty colour though!
          I have tried on numerous occasions to get a hold of someone at Ibanez for a custom guitar and it's a "no go" all the way around. Custom builds is just something they don't do aside from the limited runs they do for certain dealers.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            it is a sam ash limited run RG450. I was surprised at how nicely it played. I was never a fan of the lower end RGs, but this one has it all: looks, tone, feel - all for the great price of $399!!
            I have an old Japanese made RG 470L that's fantastic. I have more Ibanez guitars than any other brand and I love all of them.

Comment

Very, very nice dude.....How is the trem on that thing? I'm very curious to see how they last and perform......as does lefty, I too have more Ibanez's then any other guitar....Nothing beats my 570....
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                Very, very nice dude.....How is the trem on that thing? I'm very curious to see how they last and perform......as does lefty, I too have more Ibanez's then any other guitar....Nothing beats my 570....
                +1 I have a 570 and a 550 and I have to agree they're top quality players and the original edge is tits. That bridge is an Edge zero II. It's pretty sweet and should perform very well.
                Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-21-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

the trem is pretty nice. it is like what ibanez is using on the premium models. i am an ibanez guy from WAY back, and this one feels just as good as the old 550s i used to have and 560 i still have. in fact, i like it a bit better because the neck is thicker.
                  Last edited by markD; 01-21-2014, 10:38 AM.
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Geez $400! Can't go past that! Cheaper than a Smithy SDX!

Love my two Jems as well!

Two questions though, where are the lock nuts and WHY IS IT LEANING AGAINST A CEMENT WALL??????
                    Last edited by shramiac; 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM.
                    www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
                      Geez $400! Can't go past that! Cheaper than a Smithy SDX!

Love my two Jems as well!

Two questions though, where are the lock nuts and WHY IS IT LEANING AGAINST A CEMENT WALL??????
                      +1 I didn't see the locking nuts either.

Comment

i like it...a lot...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

the lock nuts are in the parts drawer right now because I just restrung it. I play for a week or two without the lock nuts to stretch the strings more effectively. as far as sitting on the cement - if you place it carefully nothing happens.
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Congratz! I got 2 RG550 and 1 RG350. Where did you get the new pickguard?
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                              Congratz! I got 2 RG550 and 1 RG350. Where did you get the new pickguard?
                              You can get replacement pick guards from this place for any guitar. http://pickguards.us/

Comment

Working...
                              X