Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two strats:

Polar opposites in so far as strats go, but here they are:
    First up is a 2013 '71 Fender Japan Limited edition walnut stained ash strat

I was expecting a really good guitar when I ordered it. What showed up blew me away. If I didn't know any better I would have thought that this guitar came from the Custom Shop. The quality is just that good. I will not ever change a thing on this one.
    Next up is one mean high dollar guitar killer. This thing SLAYS ......now that a TON of work has been put into it (by me ...I'm cheap and figured this guitar stuff ain't rocket science lol). It's 2001 Squier standard strat. But there's nothing standard about it now.
    I changed the regular old S/S/S config to P90/S/H. Had Warmouth cut me a guard, used a noname P90 that sounds GREAT in the neck a Jackson J100 single in the middle and a Jackson J90C in the bridge. Those 80's in house wound Jackson pickups are STELLAR! Abigail Ybarra had her hand in winding these things.
    Also, used a BCS wiring harness (NICE WORK FROM THEM!)
    I changed the tuners, the and strap buttons that both came from the donor 80's Charvel that the pickups came from, and I slapped on a black output jack plate as well to keep the black/gold theme going.
    The saddles are from a mid 80's American standard strat trem and I realy had to MAKE them fit the Squier base, but they are on it now and intonation is spot on.
    The action is now RIDICULOUSLY low after hours upon hours of tweaking/tuning/adjusting ...over and over.
    It is now one hell of a SLEEPER guitar that doesn't look like it, but SHREDS. It plays as well as any of my Charvels do, but has the added benefit of being a complete tone MACHINE.
    well...here it is

and here is what it was a day ago
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Looking good bro and probably sounding even better!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I'll call your two Strats!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Cat fight!!!!
        www.vvforums.com

Comment

Mine win......cuz they're mine
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
          X