BC Rich ASM PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich ASM PRO

Anyone know about these? There seems to be a few different models of the ASM PRO produced over the years, some with binding, some without, different inlays and such.
    The wood specs seemed to have changed over the years as well. I believe this one is a MIK, I havn’t been able to play it yet, but I got it for a song.

asm.jpg
    IMG_20140109_111550.jpg
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Awesome, congrats. Looks killer, and with the only headstock BC Rich should ever use.

Comment

Thanks!

Hope it’s a good player, I won’t be able to tap it for a couple months till I get back stateside to pick her up. I played this model before at the shop and I regret not getting it, as I haven’t seen this exact model since. Been keeping an eye out for the last couple years, this one popped up, so I jumped.

Mahogany body & neck
      Bound Ebony board
      OFR (1000)
      Grover tuners
      EMGs

Sucker for ebony boards I guess.

Comment

Was really interested in the trans finish ASM Pro's, please tell me how it is!

Comment

I like that, I'm usually not a big fan of import BCRs they either have too much blingy crap or the ball sack headstock. That's a nice simple look.

Comment

I didn't know they made anything like that. If it's MIK, it was made by World Musical Instruments(World Guitars) and should be of very high quality.

Comment

Finally got it, pretty awesome ..

bty it is MIK

Comment

I have one of the Korean 7 string Stealths... quality is every bit as good or better than USA Jackson. That should be every bit as nice too. Sounds awesome, plays great and there's really nothing to nitpick about it. Just a fantastic guitar.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I was interested in picking up one of those too, its nice to see that those BCRs are good
                  Out Of Ideas

Comment

Congrats...looks sweet! I have a couple MIK BCR Mocks and aside from electronics and switches they are excellent guitars.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                      Awesome, congrats. Looks killer, and with the only headstock BC Rich should ever use.
                      +1

Nice guitar - where did you get it?

Comment

I got her off ebay. Gave her a setup today, I must say, the build quality is fantastic.
                        I haven’t compared her to any of my Jacksons yet, but right off the bat, I noticed that she has a 16” radius throughout the fret board and she’s a heavy biatch.

My only dislike is the flat black is worn to someone else’s style, otherwise she’s a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                          Congrats...looks sweet! I have a couple MIK BCR Mocks and aside from electronics and switches they are excellent guitars.
                          lol, never really use the switch on mine, so I dunno about that. It's a 7 string and it came with the nice EMGs, not the crappy ones and an OFR.

The only thing I can't attest to is the quality of the wood used except that the mahogany sounds great, the dark black dyed ebony fretboard has that old school graphite look without that visible wood grain... no noticeable filler on the inlays and the neck, which is very thin and Jackson-like, hasn't needed adjusting since I set it up at least a year ago, so it's very stable.

The only nit-pick flaw on mine is that there is the tiniest spray of black on the binding by the nut. A CS BCR would have several visible nitpickable flaws of greater magnitude.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X