Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave my Squier Standard strat a face/tone lift

Here is the before:

100% stock in so far as I could tell. Great player, sounded good, but I was just bored with it so I did this to it:

Replaced the tuners with Jackson tuners that came off a Charve 475 DLX
    Replaced the strap buttons with Jackson buttons off the same Charvel
    Replaced the Squier saddles with some Fender saddles that came off of a USA (thanks Lefty!)
    Swapped out the Squier S/S/S pickguard for one from P90/S/H that I had cut from Warmouth
    All pickups have chrome covers from Ebay
    Got some chrome knbs from Ebay
    the pickups are:
    No name P90 frome ebay (sounds like a P90 so I'm happy with it)
    Jackson J100 single in the middle
    Jackson J90C in the bridge that kicks ass!
    Bought a wiring harness from BCS guitars to put them all together. (NICE work they did on it!)
    May in the future get a Wilkinson trem, but the Squier with the Fender saddles is good for now.
    SOUNDS AND LOOKS AWESOME! (IMO)
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Looks great dude! I would imagine I would sounds way better! I'm thinking of doing some work on a Mexican strat...I'd really like to put the YJM kit in it....
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Cool project! I did some stuff to my MIM Strat years ago and love the upgrades.
      Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Looks great and you're welcome bro!
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X