Dilemma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma!

Somehow, someway, the guitar Gods of guitar setup were smiling down on me and I happened to make my Squier strat maybe my BEST playing guitar. Action is crazy low..minimal if ANY fret buzz..harmonics SING off of it..intonation is spot on...chords RING like a shallow body acoustic..and this is all acoustically (the output jack took a dump on me yesterday so no amplification possible). Honestly if I were able to get all of my guitars to play this way, I'd think about opening a side business doing it. I've NEVER gotten a guitar back from a pro setup that played this good.
    Problem is though......
    I have plans for this guitar...
    Plans that involve tearing it apart...
    I'm afraid I'll never get this thing to play this well again
    Oh what to do?!?!?!?!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I'd fix the jack, then leave it be, play the shit out of it till it started to get wonky,,,THEN,,,tear it apart. If the guitar makes you smile and giggle cause it plays awesome and you are pulling riffs out that are rippin...
    DON"T FUCK WITH IT

Now go shred

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I'll yake your sage advice into consideration as I do have other guitars that are project bound.....but I do want to give this one a face/tone lift
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Fix the jack and play it as Mosh suggests.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

I'd fix the jack, then leave it be, play the shit out of it till it started to get wonky,,,THEN,,,tear it apart. If the guitar makes you smile and giggle cause it plays awesome and you are pulling riffs out that are rippin...
          DON"T FUCK WITH IT

Now go shred

MOSHON
          DAVE
          +1
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

if it ain't broke don't fix it...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I always find that my guitars seem to play and sound their best right when I am considering selling them. It's your brain's de-GAS-ing defense mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                I always find that my guitars seem to play and sound their best right when I am considering selling them. It's your brain's de-GAS-ing defense mechanism.
                Mine are remembered as sounding/playing exquisitely AFTER I've sold them...
                to the Op: play that bee-yotch like ya mean it and project the other axes.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                  Mine are remembered as sounding/playing exquisitely AFTER I've sold them...
                  How true! This really does happen to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X