Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Hondo Revival explorer

Have this one to work on.
    In for cleaning and a set up.Plays great as is and doesn't sound too bad.
    Maple set neck and maple body,looks like Gotoh DiMarzio super D copy pick ups but once I take it apart I'll know for sure.Original chipboard case too.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

that's duper swell
    Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Cool, I had one with a Kahler flatmount, should have kept it.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I have a black one with the "tone layered (lol)" body and set neck. Planning on refin and throwing some EMGs in it one day for the fun of it. Pick guard doesn't exactly fit the front horn correctly. But is does have schaller tuners and bridge/tailpiece. Just sits in the closet right now.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Theres the one I have. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/132...=Hondo+revival
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Pulled the pick ups and not sure what they are but deff not DiMarzios.Sound pretty decent for old pick ups
            Cleaned the pots and jack, cleaned the fretboard and gave it some guitar honey looks good and is slick as hell.
            E string saddle rattles pretty bad but can't hear it thru the amp.
            The truss rod nut was backed off all the way because the neck has a slight back bow but not enough to cause problems.
            I will back it off and crank down on the strings and let it sit and see if I can get a bit of relief in the neck.
            Best I can tell its a 79 going by the pot date codes,no serial number anywhere on it.
            Body is 3 piece maple and not plywood so its a decent grade of guitar and not a bottom of the food chain guitar
            Last edited by straycat; 12-02-2013, 01:57 AM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's pretty cool. How heavy is an all maple explorer?

Comment

Working...
              X