http://www.mattraines.com/pages/product_display_chi.cfm

Matt Raines is scary good too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fFerC47pYc
    www.vvforums.com

Not digging the head stock... at all.

Comment

looks like a Carvin!, dont know much about them sorry

Comment

Why is basswood in expensive guitars? I was led to believe it's a cheap wood. What gives?
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Maybe the headstock isn't the best looking but you try coming up with an original design lately? It's hard as hell to come up with anything that isn't close to what some other company has already. I haven't played one of these but I'm quite familiar with Matt's playing and I'm confident he wouldn't me playing it (much less have his name on it) if it weren't a quality instrument.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Love his playing. Not sure that's where I'd want the volume pot to be.

Comment

They look great.
              Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                Why is basswood in expensive guitars? I was led to believe it's a cheap wood. What gives?
                Maybe he just really likes it. If it's American Basswood, maybe that's another reason. I don't care what others say, I can definitely tell the difference between the American Basswood in my RG1570 and the "normal/cheap" basswood in the other guitars that have that.

American basswood from what I can tell is crunchier and a tad bit brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  Maybe he just really likes it. If it's American Basswood, maybe that's another reason. I don't care what others say, I can definitely tell the difference between the American Basswood in my RG1570 and the "normal/cheap" basswood in the other guitars that have that.

American basswood from what I can tell is crunchier and a tad bit brighter.
                  +1 American Basswood is definitely a better strain of basswood than the regular import cheepo variety. It does have a thicker fuller sound as well and it weighs slightly more too.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                    Cheap Basswood is cheap wood, good Basswood is good wood, I thought a whole bunch of steve vai's guitars were basswood

Comment

My '89 & '91 Jems are basswood, as is my Petrucci!
                      www.vvforums.com

Comment

Basswood defined a lot of the 80's metal sound. Its truly a great woodfor guitar despite what the ''clean clowns'' think.
                        Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

I just put an Alternative 8 in one of the Mexi Kellys with a basswood body,, dunno if it was american or not.. but it made a light guitar with a killer crunch!!
                          WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

Working...
                          X