Bc rich st 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bc rich st 3

hi, wondering if anyone on here is familiar with BC Rich st 3's. are they made in usa? i have a chance to pick up a bright yellow one for $300. i cant really find any solid info on them.
    any info would be appriciated.

thanks

If its in good shape thats a fair price and yes they are made in the USA.
    There were pre and post Class Axe ST III's
    Pre should have the metal back plates and post had the plastic back plates.IIRC.
    They were the called the Tony McAlpine models by some people. Great necks on these guitars.
    I had this one recently.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

awesome thanks for the info!

Comment

Post pics now if you can, because there are a lot of "oh by the ways" with BCR.

Comment

I currently have a few of them and have had many. They made USA and import versions. Imports have spliced necks ,USAs are 1 piece. Not all USA made ones say so, and some imports are floating around w USA neck plates. The earliest USAs had plastic plates, edge trems and top hat knobs. The early ones were prone to headstock cracks, they fattened up around the OFR bolts on the later ones, there are actually 3 transitions.

I've got a black one w a kahler too.

Comment

I have a USA ST-III in snakeskin.

If $300 is an ok deal for a USA, I'd be all over these. Mine sounds fantastic and is positively on my keeper list.

I only like the USA ones. The NJ's have a different headstock.
            Last edited by DonP; 11-21-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

the necks are all over the place. I've had one like a model series and one really thin.

Comment

I owned three at one time, but sold them all (yeah so when it comes to STIII's I'm "that guy" ). I wouldn't mind getting into another one someday. For whatever reason these tend to be beat to shit by the time you can score them. Why is that? :think:

Comment

I'm pleased as punch to own your old orange one
                  I love STIIIs! Lots of bang for the buck...

Comment

that orange one is hot as hell
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

well thanks for the info guys, i spoke to the owner last night, and i'm going to look at it tonight, i'll post some pics if i decide to get it.

Comment

Axe probably because they played great and weren't that expensive. At the time a model6 was more unless you wanted custom options. The necks do differ a bit but for the most part pre class axe were fairly consistent. The 3 in that pic are exactly the same neck profile.

Comment

well i picked it up tonight, it's pretty sick. where might i find a bar for the trem.
                          here are some pitures. gonna clean it up and put new strings on tonight.
                          http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/dino272/library/
                          Last edited by Dino; 11-22-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Looks great It looks like it takes a standard screw in Flyod bar.I think I saw some threads in there.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice score! I have a metallic red NJ Series ST-III. Great guitar, was a beautiful backup. Until the headstock snapped off.

Comment

Working...
                              X