USA ESP guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA ESP guitars...

So I got an email from Guitar World saying ESP is going to start their first USA factory.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.guitarworld.com/esp-guita...tory-open-2014

What do you guys think? I thought the MIJ ESP's were supposed to be extremely high quality; so I wonder how the USA ones will be.

I've never owned an ESP or LTD, but I always thought they looked really cool with the pointy headstock and seeing old Queensryche and Metallica music videos with them.
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

They charge between 5 and 8K for a Japanese custom shop guitar. Look at that Hanneman model it's like 5.5K (In my opinion that's crazy) What will a USA go for????? http://www.gearhounds.com/esp-jeff-h...ic-guitar.aspx
    Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-16-2013, 01:46 PM.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Meh. That just means I can't get the Explorer/banana style head stock on it if it's a USA.

Comment

From what I know the Japanese customs are beyond top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
          From what I know the Japanese customs are beyond top notch.
          Yeah I agree a good friend of mine has two of them and he spent well over 12 grand for the pair. They're both killer guitars. But my USA Select KV2's are just as nice as his custom shop ESP's. What makes them think that a maple neck through an alder body is worth 5K before tax? That's insane! Like that Hanneman model $5,500.00. For what/ The paint job? I could almost buy three USA selects for what he paid for one of his ESP customs...A little more than 6K a piece he spent. That being said his ESP's are killer guitars but just like Gibson they're way,way overpriced. Just my opinion though.
          Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-16-2013, 03:03 PM.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

A couple of things to remember when discussing custom shop guitars-
            1) some folks are willing to pay big bucks for their exact options, and in all fairness, ESP appears to be more willing to do exactly what a customer wants. Those pesky trademark and licensing laws don't extend to Japan.
            2) David Hannum (not P.T. Barnum, as history would have you believe) said it best: There's a sucker born every minute.

Comment

I dont know if they are anymore but ESP neckthrus used to be 3 piece maple necks, add that option and a non recessed floyd to an otherwise plain jane CS soloist & its NOT cheap.

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              Yeah I agree a good friend of mine has two of them and he spent well over 12 grand for the pair. They're both killer guitars. But my USA Select KV2's are just as nice as his custom shop ESP's. What makes them think that a maple neck through an alder body is worth 5K before tax? That's insane! Like that Hanneman model $5,500.00. For what/ The paint job? I could almost buy three USA selects for what he paid for one of his ESP customs...A little more than 6K a piece he spent. That being said his ESP's are killer guitars but just like Gibson they're way,way overpriced. Just my opinion though.

Comment

First ever in the USA? Sooooo I guess that discredits that 48th street deal then?

Comment

I don't know why they are calling it the "first ever" USA factory. They had a USA Custom Shop back in the 90s.

Here is my guess why they are doing it now: I'm guessing the E-II and LTD Elite labels so far are a total flop. They want to reserve the ESP label largely for the Japan market and Custom Shop builds. Using an "ESP USA" brand will be a more visible connection to the ESP label. This would likely help sales. While at the same time keeping the Japan market happy with the ESP label.

If the ESP USA brand is a success, it is my guess that the E-II and LTD Elite brands will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                    I don't know why they are calling it the "first ever" USA factory. They had a USA Custom Shop back in the 90s.

Here is my guess why they are doing it now: I'm guessing the E-II and LTD Elite labels so far are a total flop. They want to reserve the ESP label largely for the Japan market and Custom Shop builds. Using an "ESP USA" brand will be a more visible connection to the ESP label. This would likely help sales. While at the same time keeping the Japan market happy with the ESP label.

If the ESP USA brand is a success, it is my guess that the E-II and LTD Elite brands will go away.
                    +1 I thought they had a USA shop before as well.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                      I dont know if they are anymore but ESP neckthrus used to be 3 piece maple necks, add that option and a non recessed floyd to an otherwise plain jane CS soloist & its NOT cheap.
                      I agree but it would probably run you somewhere around $3500.00 at most for what you described. Nowhere near the 6K a piece plus tax my buddy spent on his pair. Like I said they're absolutely fantastic guitars and I've played them but there's no way they're better than a good USA Select or custom shop Jackson for that matter. Right on par for sure but in my opinion they're way too overpriced for what they are. Would you spend 6K for a USA select because his are pretty damn close to the same quality and playabilty wise as my USA selects. Not better not worse about the same. And the extra 4K he spent on each one who knows where that went because they might as well be USA Select SL2H's. They're damn near identical. The only difference is the headstock.
                      Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-16-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing that 48th street guitars didn't actually manufacture necks or bodies, so that's what's they mean by "first USA factory". Those guys were just a bunch of Colorodoman lookin' dudes bolting different necks onto bodies and setting custom headstock decals (no offense to Chris).

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if this might have a linkage to the news about Pablo no longer working for Jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Hmm. I wonder if this might have a linkage to the news about Pablo no longer working for Jackson?
                            ORLY? That's the first I've heard of that. Dish, ya bastid!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              Crap. That must be why my extreme warrior still isn't done.

Comment

Working...
                              X