Peavy Tracers...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavy Tracers...?

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with late 80s Peavy Tracers? I'm talking the one with the "steps" on the headstock, not sure if that's a model 1 or 2, and the vintage style trems (not the Kahler ones).

They just seem amazingly cheap for a 24 fret maple necked handmade in the USA super strat. Usually in the $200-300 range from what I've seen...

Anyone know what size nut they are and what kind of pickups they have in them?

I have a 1 hum USA Nitro with the steps in the headstock. Kahler Killer 2700 Series bridge. Rosewood fretboard.

The nut feels like the standard 1 11/16". Not too wide, not too thin. The pickup DC reading was about the same as a Custom, and sounds similar.

I also have a USA Peavey Predator black strat that is nice to play. 3 singles and a v-trem, black with white/cream pickguard. Sort of a Clapton "blackie" look.

Very cheap for USA made guitars.

Comment

Even the non step headstock Tracers are great guitars.
      Well worth the money IMO. Pickups are really very good sounding as are most Peavey pick ups. they have micro tilt neck plates too which is a big plus for me
      I have had a few Nitros with the Kahler 2700's and damn solid guitars.
      You can find them in pawn shops for under $150.00 usually.
      Had a few splatter paint ones that were very good.The necks are awesome.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Even the non step headstock Tracers are great guitars.
        Well worth the money IMO. Pickups are really very good sounding as are most Peavey pick ups. they have micro tilt neck plates too which is a big plus for me
        I have had a few Nitros with the Kahler 2700's and damn solid guitars.
        You can find them in pawn shops for under $150.00 usually.
        Had a few splatter paint ones that were very good.The necks are awesome.
        I just picked up two Tracers with step headstocks, 24 fret maple necks, one pink splatter, one yellow splatter, USA handmade, and both of them shipped to my house for the total cost of $400...?!?!? Geez! I'm not usually into "low end" guitars, but curiosity got the best of me, I can't wait for them to get here so I can try them...

Comment

Low end or not they are great guitars.
          I judge a guitar by how it plays not the price or where its made.
          I've had a few very high end dogs in my day.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Since you dig Pink..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980s-Peavey...item3a8c674c60

Comment

I scored a red mystic mint w/ case, candy and original receipt for $200 a few years back. I see oone on EvilBay for $750 now. Good luck w/ that!

Comment

I've only had experience with the patriot. It had one of the best sounding pickups in it. At some point these had Schaller pickups. great guitars just no resale value.

Comment

Tracers are pretty good guitars, I have a couple. The 22 fret ones are 25-1/2" scale while the 24 fret ones are 24-3/4" scale. The Tracer Deluxe 89 is basically a maple 'boarded Vandenberg
                  http://assets.peavey.com/literature/...s/80301101.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by WYLDCHYLD View Post
                    Anyone know what size nut they are and what kind of pickups they have in them?
                    Old owners manuals on this link, scroll down to Tracer
                    http://www.peavey.com/support/search...ved.cfm?page=T

Comment

Working...
                    X