No announcement yet.

Gibson M-III is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hate it. It looks ok to me. I don't get why Gibson is trying to reissue a guitar like this. Isn't that what Kramer is for, to have guitars like this?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
      I don't hate it. It looks ok to me. I don't get why Gibson is trying to reissue a guitar like this. Isn't that what Kramer is for, to have guitars like this?
      Maybe they are built in the same place and they feel it might do better with a Gibson name since for newer customers Kramer was a character on Seinfeld.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Never even knew they ever did anything like this.. And ugh, it's hideous! Looks to me like a Music Man Wolfgang (the fat ass of the body), Ibanez (HSH), and a Kramer (the neck) collaborated to shit out that thing.. No thanks.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Don't hate it, don't like it.

Can't help but wonder why Gibson bothered with this when they own Kramer and it would be a better use of resources to make some US models.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I always liked them. Minus the pick guards they had.

Comment

Gibson "stabbed poo" model!!

Comment

In fairness, the couple of "original" M-IIIs that I tried were nice guitars. Great necks, but terminally fugly. The switching was also way too complicated for the average metal guitarist!
                The Epiphones were hideous...

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  ...and we all know Gibson is THE authoritive last word on what a shred guitar should be

then again, they call a glued in maple neck innovative, so perhaps I'm not living in the same century as their PR machine

Fuck it, just Reissue the V'90 and maybe I'll rethink my opinion of Gibson
                  This /\

I'm in the crowd that thinks M III's are butt-fugly. I do like the new colors. Just not enough to get me to drop 2 grand on a once-failed design. Now, they wanna bring back that V90 Double w/ Floyd, especially in Nuclear Yellow w/ black pick guard, I'll scrape together the cash for one if it has the mojo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    It looks like a modernized wilshire, except somehow uglier. Kind of a vagazzled Wilshire.
                    That is some funny ass shyte right there.
                    >^v^<

Comment

I always liked the originals. They were ugly guitars that played and sounded great. I'd take the "Electric Lime" one. It does need gold hardware to be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        I always liked them. Minus the pick guards they had.
                        +1
                        I'd play this thing all day long...once I replaced the guard:
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-M3-MI...item4acb38a0e7
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                        X