No announcement yet.

NGD - Gibson Content (lots of photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, okay. I knew something was ash. And I knew koa didn't sound right, but I do recall Ed talking about the Destroyer being korina now.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, Ed said that Destroyer was korina, but he didn't know what he was talking about. From what I've read, I'm 99.99999% sure it wasn't korina, but rather ash. They called the finish "korina", but the actual wood was ash.

Comment

Deystroyers, Rocket Rolls, Japanese "sen" wood. looks like ash, but has it's own tone print, and a tasty one at that.
        >^v^<

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          Yeah, Ed said that Destroyer was korina, but he didn't know what he was talking about. From what I've read, I'm 99.99999% sure it wasn't korina, but rather ash. They called the finish "korina", but the actual wood was ash.
          My little brain has thoughts of ash and korina running through it! :dunno:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

EVH has a long history of BS'ing the media in attempts to keep his tone secret. An ash destroyer...

Comment

OK,

So I picked up a set of EMG's over the weekend and put them in the Explorer. I put in a set of Zakk Wylde EMG's 81/85 and wired it up for Volume/Volume/Tone as per the instructions. I was very careful to follow the instructions. The EMG's sound OK... The only issue I have is that they just do not seem very hot? This is my first time with active pickups and I was expecting squealing feedback, pinch harmonics and super hot, high gain and the pickups are in the gain range of the 59/JB. I was expecting a lot more - like the 59/JB's with an TS808 or similar drive in front of the amp without needing the pedal. It is almost like the battery is dead or almost dead. I have changed out the battery to a brand new one. Slightly better but still a bit disappointing. Any thoughts? Am I just expecting too much from the EMGs' or is something wrong?

Comment

Working...
              X