Any info or help on Scorpion Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info or help on Scorpion Guitars

So I found a cool guitar on Craigs List that was a little different. A friend of mine who lives out of town just picked it up for me so I don't have any decent pics yet. But it has a neck plate that says "Scorpion" and "Since 2000" is written below it. Obviously it also has a pic of a scorpion on the plate. My google searches haven't produced much other than the Burns, Schecter and Ed Roman sites that show a scorpion model. I also found an old thread (dated 2006) on HC where someone else was asking about this company. Not much helpful info on that thread. Some guys thought they were MIK or MIC, but nothing definite. Seemed like they were speculating rather than providing actual facts.

Just thought I would ask here if anyone has ever heard of Scorpion Guitars or if they have any info about this brand or company. Would love to learn a little more about this guitar that I picked up. It's not your traditional guitar so I'd like to know if this is some cheap import or if some guy made this in his garage. Once I get the guitar (hopefully later this week or next weekend) I'll post some pics.

Thanks-

John

Is it one of these?
    http://www.trevormidgley.com/BurnsGuitars/Scorpion.html
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The only ones I have ever heard of or seen are the ones Bombtek posted. And yes they are cheap Korean imports.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
        Nope, those are the Burns guitars. The one I bought actually has Scorpion on the headstock and the neck plate. I'll see if I can get some better pics from my friend since he has the guitar now.

Comment

My work schedule has been a little hectic lately to say the least. So it took me some time to coordinate getting this Scorpion guitar from my friend and I finally got it this weekend. Here's a few pics I shot yesterday. Like I said, this is a little different and not your typical strat. I still haven't found much info on the web about this brand. So if anyone knows of Scorpion guitars or has seen one of these before, please let me know.

Overall, the guitar seems very well made. It's in mint shape but needs a fret polish, oil on the fingerboard and a string change and setup. So it will be fun to clean this up when I get some time. And check out the custom case it came in with the raised Triryche on the underside of the lid. Pretty cool! Best part about this is only paid $150 for the guitar and the case. If nothing else, this will look great hanging in my guitar room.

Comment

I saw one of those for sale recently on Kijiji....I couldn't tell you anything about it but it looks cool!!
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
            X