Well, I built one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I built one....

I have no clue what the body is, I'm thinking Alder. Got it from a drunk guy for $30, a buddy gave me a Mighty Mite neck for $65 (unused too) with a new set of black Wilkinson tuners. I had an X2N, just re-potted it, was given a SD style rail pup, I think it's chinese, and had the rest of the parts in my bins. I did wire the stacked HB out of phase, only way I could get it to work without sounding wonky. Still not done with it, I'm going to paint it a candy apple red sparkle and get either a white or black H/S pickguard. The logo is from a hang tag off of a strap, doesn't look right plain . Plugged it up today to try it out, taking it to rehearsal tonight. I'm diggin' it, sounds pretty good. I was originally going for EVHs frankenstrat from VH I. Spent 3-4 months getting everything together, and I'd like to thank all you guys here for teaching me how to do this. Obligatory crappy cellphone pic

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

WAY too pretty.
    It needs work.
    And a quarter.

Comment

^^This^^
      Play the shit out of it and give it some character.
      -Rick

Comment

It's going too, promise . I played it tonight, and it did really well. Can't decide what I want to do finish wise. Might just leave it alone for a while, but I'm not a fan of the beat to shit look.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          It's going too, promise . I played it tonight, and it did really well. Can't decide what I want to do finish wise. Might just leave it alone for a while, but I'm not a fan of the beat to shit look.
          Then the EVH Frankenstrat look is not the theme you should have shot for!
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
            Then the EVH Frankenstrat look is not the theme you should have shot for!

Yep, realized this after "finishing" it. I like the way it plays so much that I'm going to wait to change anything though, and 2 of my friends have offered to buy it already. Nope. I did good, even if I do say so myself, and I do

Comment

Working...
            X