NGD- Yet another Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- Yet another Cali

This pretty much completes the collection of 80's themed graphic Cali's I envisioned amassing about 6 or 7 years ago. This one is pretty unusual- started out as an oddball custom order w/ one p'up, and a Bartolini, at that. The Bart was controlled by a 3 way Strat-style blade switch that went from series to parallel to I don't know what, maybe kill switch. But the Bart did nothing for me so, I gutted it, dropped in a direct mounted EVH Franken-p'up and had the 3 way tossed out for a mini toggle kill switch. (Have I mentioned I hate Strat-style blade switches? ) Filled in the slot for the blade switch and had the frets dressed and polished by our own Murkat and then sent it to a bro named Stike for the neon treatment. After that, I set up the Floyd to be extra responsive with two springs done in a V. Am toying with making this my drop- D tuned guitar. Can you say, Lay It Down?

I love it.

That neon looks great in the pic, I can't imagine how nice it is in person.

Comment

Fucking bright, that's how it is in person...

Comment

That's how it is on the internet too!

Is the pickup not f-spaced?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nope. It doesn't really matter. I'm okay with it. Shit. Eddie didn't have f-spaced and half the shredders out there in the 80's didn't play f-spaced p'ups until someone started thinking it might be a good sales gimmick.

Comment

Beautiful, just beautiful.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Is there an actual sound difference between f-spaced and normal?
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                Is there an actual sound difference between f-spaced and normal?
                I've played both and IMO, no. But I have beer sensibilities when it comes to cork-sniffer discerning of tonal nuances-

Comment

I don't have any issues with it or anything, I was just curious if it was the angle of the pic or not.

Like Ed said, "If it sounds good, it is good."
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That's pretty much dead-on so, I'm guessing it's not f-spaced.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                      I've played both and IMO, no. But I have beer sensibilities when it comes to cork-sniffer discerning of tonal nuances-
                      Good call!

Awesome axe - HNGD!

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                        But I have beer sensibilities when it comes to cork-sniffer discerning of tonal nuances-
                        Best I've ever heard that explained.. And I agree..

And love the color on the Cali!
                        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                        X