No announcement yet.

The custom Roxie arrived ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wowsers! Why did I wait so long to check into this thread? That is astounding.

btw, I think your afternoon iPhone pics look better than Dan's
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Can you explain the control layout and give us some feedback on the piezo once you've had a chance to put some miles on it?
      Bridge vol w/push-pull series/parallel switch on the cutaway. Neck vol w/push-pull series/parallel switch nearest the Floyd. Master tone for the magnetic pups just below that. Magnetic / piezo push-pull w/ piezo volume nearest the jack. The 3-way is wired as normal. With the Acousti-phonic piezo preamp you can also wire in a magnetic / piezo mix but we didn't on this one. The Ghost Floyd is also capable of supporting hex out to drive MIDI devices (via a Hexpander circuit that can be added in conjunction with or in addition to the Acousti-phonic) but that's not something I'd use regularly so I skipped it as well. Well, at least I'm mostly certain they wired the push-pull pots as series-parallel; we discussed both that & coil splitting & I left Dan with the idea that I didn't mind either way and he should do whatever sounded better with the '78s. :lol Sounds phenomenal by the way, parallel + vintage Marshall models on the Axe FX2 is pure old school late 60s early 70s rock. Just killer.

I became familiar with the Graph Tech piezo Floyd after picking up a Lifeson LP. Loved it & asked Dan late in the build process to incorporate one on this Roxie (thanks Dan!) It works well and, to my decidedly non-professional ears, sounds great. Couple it with an acoustic guitar IR on the Axe-FX 2 and it's nearly enough to cause my acoustics to gather dust on a semi-permanent basis (not because it's indistinguishable tonally but because it's so much more fun to play and kind of a decent enough approximation for me). If you're into this sort of thing I think Graph Tech offers a great option.

Sure it's very over-the-top but that's icing on the cake in this case. I spec'd it as a player with a good bit of tonal variety and Dan and the crew at GMP pulled it off even better than I expected.
      Last edited by YetAnotherOne; 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
        Turned out great! Got any Vs to sell me??
        Yes if Jackson. Maybe if other.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Oh hell yes! That's freakin' killer

Are there any GMPs out there that aren't amazing?

Comment

not big on the graphic but that entire guitar is a work of art. Congratulations.

Super interested in the floyd peizos
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              Super interested in the floyd peizos
              Try one, it's not that expensive. You can pick up a set of Ghost piezo saddles that are drop-in replacements for anything compatible with an OFR & the Acousti-phonic preamp for like $250.

Comment

that's one of the sickest customs I've ever seen.

I hope you love it!
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  that's one of the sickest customs I've ever seen.

I hope you love it!
                  Thanks & yes, I absolutely do!

I do have to admit, however, that I'm glad Dan talked me down when I asked him to do exactly this but over bass-boat flake & with gold hardware. He's right in that in might have been juuuuust a bit much had we gone that route.

Comment

Working...
                  X