Hamer Blitz mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer Blitz mods

Acquired a very sweet '87 Hamer USA Blitz (possibly a custom order) a few months back and had Mike Learn hook it up with a new paint job as well as a rout for higher note pull ups on the bar. Then, put new Schaller tuners and Floyd in it, reinstalled existing electronics ('cuz frankly, the p'ups in there sounded fookin' amazing!) and a few black knurled knobs. She gets back tomorrow from a last minute bit of surgery due to me botching the OFR stud replacement job.
    Before and after (but without guts and parts)

Love it. I have a bunch of boring black guitars with rosewood. Always looking for cool ideas to dress them up.

Comment

that looks awesome!

Comment

Right on Jim, I would have gladly done that stud post replacement for you. I look forward to seeing the photos when assembled. Rock on!!
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
          Right on Jim, I would have gladly done that stud post replacement for you. I look forward to seeing the photos when assembled. Rock on!!
          Mike, if I had been using my head, I woulda had you do it! As it was, in my immense stupidity, I had you rout where it wasn't needed; the height of the post studs is supposed to be at body level. While routing out a bit from the rear edge of the trem area is okay, my asking you to drop the whole level of the rout was dumb. I'd have to raise the threaded posts to a level that would make them very unstable. So, I sent it to a local guy who will fill up the old holes, put a fitted block over the front of the rout to bring it up to the level of the body and then re-drill and sink the studs. All because I'm an impatient and inexperienced re-builder.

Comment

Nice looking guitar vector.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
              Nice looking guitar vector.
              Thanks, bro!

Comment

Awesome paint job, and very appropriate for a Blitz.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

damn dude thats a rarity, 24 fret floyded blitz, or is that a standard since it doesnt have the 3on3 headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                    damn dude thats a rarity, 24 fret floyded blitz, or is that a standard since it doesnt have the 3on3 headstock.
                    Yeah, it's rare but not because of the 6 in line hockey stick head stock or the Floyd; I've seen plenty of those around. It's the 24 frets that are rare-ish. Truth is, I just about shit myself when I saw this! I like the shape and the no-frills aspect of the Blitz but am not a fan of the 3 x 3 paddle head stocks, nor of anything less than 24 frets. So when this was made available to me, I jumped at it. It had some serious mileage on it and the finish was pretty beat so a new paint job was in order and the homage to Mick Mars' Blitz seemed appropriate.

Comment

I was gonna say the paint job looks like Mick Mars...Shout At The Devil era!!! Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                        I was gonna say the paint job looks like Mick Mars...Shout At The Devil era!!! Nice!!!
                        Yup- I was inspired by this one which was likely made to resemble Mick's:

Comment

Like the explorer head much better.
                          Nice guitar and awesome paint!
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                          X