No announcement yet.

Quick Trade Help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember back in 79-80 looking at those 25th Anniversary Strats. I wanted one but never got it. Anyway, turns out later that most of them had some issue with the paint flaking off. Unless you really want an Ash Strat from that era, I'd just sell the Les Paul outright. Someone out there surely wants a black Standard with cream plastics they can turn into a clone of Ace's
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
      Just out of curiosity, you mentioned that you wouldn't play the strat or the LP. So why trade? Is it because you'd rather have the strat sitting in the closet or you think it will hold its value more? Or you just outright hate the LP? Just wondering dude.... really none of my business....
      I would play the strat. They are comfortable for me. I probably wouldn't play it live because I don't use single coil pickups but at least I would play it at home.
      I am most interested in the value. Some people here said its worth a grand. I haven't seen one sold on Ebay for under $1400.00. Gibson LP Standards like mine sell for $1500-$1600 and they don't appear to be increasing in value like the 70's strats are. The guys at the strat forum said the 70's Strats are quickly becoming unaffordable. Depending on the color and whether its a hardtail or a standard trem model and if its completely original they sell for between $1500 and $3000
      I am pretty sure I lost the chance of getting the Strat anyway.
      Another guy offered me an Egnater Tourmaster 4212 combo and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special as a trade for it. I really don't need a 100lb combo and I heard that Egnater amps are made in China. Another guy offered me an original 1965 Vox Pathfinder and a brand new in the box Marshall SL5 Slash signature 5w combo. That Pathfinder really interests me because many people consider it to sound similar to the Matchless Spitfire which is a dream amp of mine.

Comment

Sounds like you're not hurtin' for options. You'll find a deal that works for you and all involved will be happy in the end.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

The guy with the 1979 Strat sold it on Thursday. He got $1500 for it.

Comment

Wow!
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

There is a 1977 for sale locally that is cream with a maple neck. Completely original and in fairly rough shape that is going for $2200. The seller has been getting flooded with emails.

A black 1979 sold recently for $1650 and thats the other color thats not rare besides the natural color. I guess the experts are correct. The last of the affordable future collectable strats are from the late 70's.

Comment

Wow... they were not going for that much a few months ago.
                I am literally shocked as the 79's are nothing special at all.
                -Rick

Comment

Seems to be the flavor of the month on the Fender forum.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Seems to be the flavor of the month on the Fender forum.
                    yea, and there was an article printed in one of the magazines about the best affortable collectible strats. The late 70's were the ones.
                    I still think that comparing a 1979 Strat to my LP Standard is hard to do. Sure.. they are both guitars but the LP is stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      The guy with the 1979 Strat sold it on Thursday. He got $1500 for it.
                      im guessing this is just what the guy told you right? i mean he was asking $1450, but got $1500. seems kinda strange:think:

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                        im guessing this is just what the guy told you right? i mean he was asking $1450, but got $1500. seems kinda strange:think:
                        Good point although my reason for posting it was that people here said that strat was worth around $900 but I notice they are going for more like $1500

Comment

Working...
                        X