NGD: BC Rich Gunslinger Retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: BC Rich Gunslinger Retro

7string got the full run down, but here i'll just show pics & say that the only thing I don't care for is the DD p'ups. The rest of the guitar is killer.

I just looked at that same exact guitar! Actually, I've been visiting it for a few months now but have not pulled the trigger.

Any comments on it?

Can you pm me what you paid an if it was with case? I'll pm you back what this shop has been asking for the past few months for it.
    Last edited by DonP; 05-22-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Wow, it looks mint. Nice git dude....love the color.
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

The neck is tree truck thick but very comfy to hold, it's something different for me but I like it.
        Basswood, so it's fairly light. I usually sit to play but I spent a couple hours standing & had no aches after.
        I found my rhythm playing a little tighter with this, it was just easy to play.
        Visually, it rocks. Just an all round nice looking guitar.

My Zoom multi track unit is fussy about pick ups, it likes EMGs (same as me), but most passives sound horrible. The DDs sounded ok in it but through
        my amp they sounded shithouse. I'll be looking at a swap out soon.

Love it.

Comment

Nice! I had one of the yellow Korean ones a couple years ago, and I really liked it. The thicker neck was very nice, but I would not call it a tree trunk.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It is after playing Jackson & Ibanez

Comment

The color looks very similar to Jackson's Agent Orange.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Always kinda wondered, is there an advantage (or disadvantage) to the angled pup like that? How does it effect the sound?
                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                  Always kinda wondered, is there an advantage (or disadvantage) to the angled pup like that? How does it effect the sound?
                  the bass strings will sound warmer, as that part of the pick-up is now closer to the neck (although this is minimal)

The other reason to do this is for string spacing, to get a gibson spaced humbucker to cover the fender spaced bridge string spacing (see evh's frankenstein)

The other other reason is just for aesthetics (see all the copies of evh's frankenstien)

Comment

Thanks Ralph. I keep seeing threads come up over the past year or so about Gunslingers. Got me wating to at least give one a shot.
                    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Thought i'd throw in a family shot, not as big as my J/C relatives but they still look happy together.

Still working on the Warlock, needs a new bridge & p'ups. It has EMG solderless guts (sounded crap) & the JB from
                      my DK2 is just in there to fill the hole. (I'm sure ive posted this in a few places, going round in circles).

Comment

I had one of these in this color, sold it to plon. these are listed as having the neck pickup of the Duncan designed distortion set but mine had the B on it, but it was kinda weak for the 103 bridge. the Chinese necks are thicker then the Korean retros. If only these came with rolled edges like my old usa one had I would own a lot of these.

Comment

I had the MIK red one w/ the single coil neck p'up. Not a bad guitar for the cash but the 22 frets, the meh sounding Rockfield in the bridge and the Floyd that was kinda wonky put it on the short list for stuff to sell off.
                          I also had a Japan release (imported from) that had two Hums, a Gotoh Floyd and killer neon green paint job. Called it the CC Deville Slinger. Kinda hated to let that one go but while the p'ups sounded cool, the trem and me didn't bond and the 22 frets sunk it. Again.

I believe the MIK's were alder bodied as was the MIJ .
                          Last edited by vector; 05-23-2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

That Warlock is sick, bro! You ever wanna sell it, contact me. Got some killer trade bait, cash or both.

Comment

It's actually pretty crap right now, the paint job didn't turn out too good. It looks okay in the pics & is probably savable but it's not great, my first attempt.

This thing is worth nothing really, ply wood bodies aren't to favorable, but I wouldn't part with it.

The one great thing about her is the neck, it's Ibanez thin but feels more Jackson like. I'm determined to make it a good player.

Comment

Working...
                              X