NGD Ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Ibanez

But I have no clue what it is. Picked it up at a tag sale for $25, including case.

Paint has been sanded off, so it needs a refin. Not a big deal since I've been looking to do some refin work of my own and didn't want to touch anything I currently have right now.

I can't seem to find anything on the net that resembles this thing. The string lock, trem, input jack loaction - can't find anything with these. It could be a mutt, who knows. According to the serial number, it looks to be a MIK 1987 made in the Peerless factory.

Looking at the original paint color left in the cavity I can see why a refin was started. I personally don't have any experience with Ibanez but it's a great catch for the price. If nothing else it'll make a great piece to gain experience in refinishing. Congrats.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

My first guitar was a 1987ish MIK RG250 Roadstar, and it was a really good guitar for the price. The trem was single locking and looks identical to yours. It's not a great trem. I forget what it is called, a Rockmaster or something like that? I left the bar off when I played it. If you figure out what that trem is called, let me know. Mine was also HSS. The bridge pup was decent, and the other two singles were quite bland.

Comment

Here's mine:

Comment

OK I had to search Jemsite for a memory refresh. The trem is called a Powerocker (or is it Power Rocker?)! Something like that.

Comment

can't go wrong for 25 bucks...good score...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks Axe, that's it! I was originally pointed toward RG140, but the pics just weren't jiving. The trem is called a Powerocker. I've come across this catalog scan 1000 times, but the models just weren't matching up.

Comment

Powerocker, yeah that's it. Those fine tuners sucked dick...they really liked to seize up. There's a reason that the single-locking trem designs didn't survive the test of time. That screw-in arm sucked, too. That being said, if you yanked the bar and just played them like a hardtail, they were just fine.

Comment

Just found this catalog scan. Maybe it's the RG240 since it looks like the RG250 is a flame maple top. And it looks like the 240/250 had the Powerocker DX which added fine tuners over the standard Powerocker.

This is going to be a good refret/refin project for me. Thikning of doing either hot pink, green, yellow, or orange

Comment

Interesting, never seen that catalog scan before. I guess my trem was a Powerocker DX. I wonder what the difference was between the regular Powerocke and the DX. IMHO...Korean made trems from the 80's should be avoided. Taiwanese made ones too....sorry JT6 fans!~

Comment

DX has fine tuners

Comment

Working...
                      X