Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone heard of/played/own an SLN superstrat? Got 2 in a trade, but little info....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of/played/own an SLN superstrat? Got 2 in a trade, but little info....

I'm kind of at a loss here. I got these two killer Charvel knock-offs which are some of the nicest, high-end super-strats I've ever seen. But I can't find much info about them. Their website won't load correctly on my computer b/c I am still on dial-up out in the country. And can't seem to find much about them online.
    One of them is called a "Tangerscream" and it's a House of Color Tangerine color with matching headstock. The other is the exact same guitar, but in Seafoam green, also with matching headstock. They are flat-type strats...no belly or forearm sculpting. They have cream binding front and back. Original gold Floyd Rose trems w/ huge brass trem blocks. Seymour Duncan pickup (1) and a volume knob. They have strat headstocks, but with Fender logo. Also, the gold backplate says Fender also. There are no serial numbers anywhere (haven't checked the neckpocket). Gold tuners with pearl buttons. Very fancy guitars. Both have maple fretboards and black dots.
    I emailed the company and asked if they used serial numbers, and they said they needed a pic. Well, again, since I'm on dial-up, that's very hard to do. Not sure why they need to see the guitar in order to tell me that they do or do not use serial numbers.
    I have no idea when they were built, but they are absolutely mint and play fantastic.
    Can anyone tell me anything about these, the company, just anything really. Thanks in advance.
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

This is what they say about the Tangerscream:

2 pc alder body, maple neck, maple fretboard, ivory binding, kandy tangerine with nitro clear, original floyd rose, seymour duncan pickup. Availability 4-6 weeks. $999.99

They have a bunch of strat types that go for $449, a couple at the $999 price, and an explorer that starts at $2000.

Here is what they say in their 'about us' section:

"We had been living in our home for about 12 years raising our 2 children, minding our own business. I had been learning the craft of hand building acoustic guitars for around seven of those years. One hot May day a car pulls up across the street and I see a gentleman with a vintage rock t-shirt get out to look at the house that was for sale. Dave as we’ll call him, cause that’s his name, was a friendly sort, and we chatted briefly about the neighborhood. I didn’t give the encounter much thought after that. About 2 months later I see Dave and his wife moving in and doing the things you do when you buy a new house. A couple of weeks after they got settled in I start to see signs of a man with a serious obsession. Guitars hanging in the garage in various stages of finish. My curiosity peaked; I make my way past the barricade of guitar boxes to see what’s going on. Turns out Dave has a passion for custom painting guitars and he’s excellent at it. Dave had been importing guitars and doing the custom painting, set up and final fit here in the U.S. for several years. At some point the light bulb went off and we decided to join forces and create finely crafted guitars using the best materials we could get our hands on. So Studio Las Nubes was born. It’s taken us about a year to get things dialed in with the shop, the new equipment, programming, etc. Yes we made a lot of firewood the first year but the learning curve has been worth every minute. We now cut our own bodies and necks from hand selected wood and use the finest hardware available that we are proud to put our name on. Combining our talent and passion for quality product has produced an instrument that we both stand behind with a money back guarantee. Again, what are the odds that two guys with a passion for creating killer guitars would end up living directly across from each other? A coincidence? Perhaps..."
    Last edited by Ward; 04-06-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Hell from reading that About Us I want to buy a bunch of them LOL

Comment

Cool. Thanks so much for posting that for me. I was not able to get most of that info myself.
        They are really nice guitars, I'll tell you that. Just wonder if anyone else here has one. I can't believe I ended up with these in trade, but superstrats aren't that popular in Austin, so I get lots of good deals on these types of guitars. Thanks.
        Dana <~~~
        '85 Rhoads Custom
        '86 SD Str*t
        '86 Model 4 (5)
        '87 Model 1
        '87 Model 6
        '88 Model 3DR
        '90 650 XL
        '94 KE-3
        '97 DR Amberburst
        '97 Dinky BOFlames
        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

No problem, it was an interesting site.

They look like really nice guitars, and it sounds like a cool operation by 2 guys who love what they do.

Comment

Do you have nay pictures of yours?

Comment

Here's one being played on Youtube:
              http://youtu.be/0bNo35GIJQE

SLN sounds like a great little setup. I've come across small opertions like this here in the UK, a garage with 1 or 2 guys handbuilding guitars, some of the guitars that come out of them are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                re-read the part about dialup
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  re-read the part about dialup
                  Doh!!! I forgot such things existed.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                    Yeah, I have some pics, but as pointed out, it's a slow and painful process to load pics. My orange one looks exactly like the one on their site, except that mine says Fender on the headstock. The Seafoam green one is exactly the same except for the color. Thanks again you guys.
                    Dana <~~~
                    '85 Rhoads Custom
                    '86 SD Str*t
                    '86 Model 4 (5)
                    '87 Model 1
                    '87 Model 6
                    '88 Model 3DR
                    '90 650 XL
                    '94 KE-3
                    '97 DR Amberburst
                    '97 Dinky BOFlames
                    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

They look cool on their site. I would also like to see some pics.
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                      X