No announcement yet.

Help identifying this Kramer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tips on the pickups. I sort of wanted to put the original quad-rails back in but that sounds like it would be a mistake.

I really like mine - great neck profile and tone.

Comment

Does anyone know if a OFR will drop in there? It looks more like a Schaller route? I know an OFR sorta fits in the Schaller routes but not great....not perfectly...
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Sorry, mine is a string thru fixed bridge.

Comment

I've got one of the Music Yo Kramer Explorers... it will fit a Schaller, but not an OFR.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a couple of those, one being the "USA Series" with the Original Floyd and Seymour Duncans. They were actually made by UnSung in Korea. Really good guitars from the factory with terrible setups. If you knew how to tweak one, you could end up with a great guitar for not much money. You guys are being too hard on the Quad-Rails. They have a good hot output, just voiced a little dark.

Comment

Yeah, the QuadRails really weren't that bad.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those are pretty good players and decent quality.
                If you swap out the electronics you will have a great guitar.
                +1 on the Quad rails I like them.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm still hung up on the cheesy Floyd. Literally every guitar I have bought over the last 2 years I have either put a OFR, Schaller or Gotoh trem on. Which is fine, but at some point I gota say ok, enough. no more "fixer uppers" lol.....besides...I've got my eye on something else already........something completely different for my stable....

Unless I could steal the guitar I've lost interest in the Kramer....

Comment

This guy contacted me last night and will sell me this for 180$CND......Now I'm considering it, even though I really don't need it!!!

Comment

I just picked up another. Black, with quad rails, fixed bridge again, locking tuners again, less dings. With case and a free set of strings (it didn't have a D string when I bought it). I'm happy enough with my first one that I know this will be nice too. Like I said, I see these as a cheap Model 5 (with a fixed bridge for my versions). I haven't heard it yet, so I have yet to hear the quad rails and if I like them or not.
                      Last edited by DonP; 03-13-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I missed out, its gone. Woulda, coulda, shoulda maybe, I guess....:think: If it didn't have a floyd I would have bought it for sure....I really didn't feel like dishing out for another Schaller. I just bought one for my fusion. They are not cheap......

Comment

Ok, now realize I have a fresh set of GHS boomers on this. The quad rails to me seem sort of "scooped mids" - strong bass and highs. Not fat or muddy at all to me. I find them similar to BL pickups be them BL USA or BL or SD's Dimebag pickup.

Comment

Working...
                          X