Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good price for an old MIJ ESP Lynch Kami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good price for an old MIJ ESP Lynch Kami?

Found one in a GC for $1799 but I think they are "high".

I have no idea of how much these got for, but that's the price of a Les Paul right there. I did check ebay but not enough action going on to give me a good idea.

I love the feel of the guitar, the thin wide fretboard, the heavy body (Maple?).

This one is an old one inked Made in Japan and doesn't have a serial number.

It could be insane but I sold an original Haji for that price about a year ago that I had forever. I think I got 1850 for it after the bidding went apeshit crazy at the end. Funny thing was the BIN was 1350 lol.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

the prices for them are all over the map. the earlier ones pre custom shop logo seem to fetch more $. yes maple body.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
        the prices for them are all over the map. the earlier ones pre custom shop logo seem to fetch more $. yes maple body.
        Yep, this one had no CS logo on the back of the headstock (liek the one on ebay right now) or serial number.

The MIJ stamping is very similar to my old Horizon Custom with Jackson headstock. Newer ones have a MIJ sticker it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
          It could be insane but I sold an original Haji for that price about a year ago that I had forever. I think I got 1850 for it after the bidding went apeshit crazy at the end. Funny thing was the BIN was 1350 lol.
          Was it one of the Strat-head ones? I just sold mine, and it did the same thing. Stayed at $750 until the last day, then ended at $1225. It would have been nice to price it up to yours, though.

Comment

not a strat head it was that funky as mock strat head they have. The kinda pointy kinda strat deal
            Haters gonna hate

Comment

The one had the reverse banana head or hockey stick.

Comment

the Mock strat headstock wasn't used on Kami's, AFAIK that was used the serpent & M1 tiger and some weird split graphic that had a pin striping....cant remember the model. Kami's had the reverse hockey stick or the saw tooth headstock which was only used on a few limited editions...IIRC they were mostly green Kami's.

Comment

The GL-56 has the funky strat headstock, too.

Comment

i said mine was a haji
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

So was mine. J2379 was just stating the models that had the h/s like the one you were talking about....like this:

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01 View Post
                        So was mine. J2379 was just stating the models that had the h/s like the one you were talking about....like this:

I believe they changed these at some point as mine has a reverse pointy headstock as well as skull and sword inlays instead of offset dots. All the versions of the Kami I've seen had reverse banana/hockey stick headstocks except for the Kami IV. The Kami IV was the neon green one and had a buzzsaw headstock. I'm no expert on these so maybe they did make some versions with different headstocks.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Mine was identical to yours

Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                          X