custom carvin christmas gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom carvin christmas gift

my wife wanted me to order a new custom guitar for christmas. i have read many great things about carvin and decided to give them a shot. i had a TL60 a long time ago, but traded it away pretty much as soon as i got it - a jackson FB showed up that i HAD to have

anyway, i decided to go full bore on this bitch....it has a few option 50s, so i hope it is a killer guitar!!!!

here are the specs:

countour 66 w/floyd rose

body/finish:

alder
    quilted maple top (i paid an extra $100 to be able to pick the grain/wood)
    natural body binding
    black sides/back
    transparent pink, deep-triple-stained top

neck:

oiled maple neck
    oiled birdseye fretboard
    oiled natural birdseye headstock overlay
    reverse inline headstock
    no inlay on the fretboard
    12" radius
    med-jumbo frets

electronics:

body routed for H/S config

C22T bridge humbucker
    twin rail neck pickup
    3-way blade

hardware, etc:

OFR w/lock nut
    chrome hardware
    black logo

i was pretty pleased with the price. last month i started pricing CS stuff, and the carvin - even with option 50's - came in pretty low. i know they aren't a full-on CS, but if i can get a guitar that plays and feels as good as a higher end ibanez or fender then i will be happy.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Sounds fookin' killer, dude! Can't wait to see pics. What's the build time/delivery date?

Comment

3 months, depending on when they start. having the extra custom options might take them a little longer - especially with the color and me selecting the top, which i still have to do. waiting on emails with different quilt planks...
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Sounds awesome.

Love my Jackson trans pink, looking forward to seeing this one...

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          3 months, depending on when they start. having the extra custom options might take them a little longer - especially with the color and me selecting the top, which i still have to do. waiting on emails with different quilt planks...
          Sure beats the shit outta the one year (and counting) for my custom Hamer Cali and the 2 year period for the CS Jackson Star I got coming.

Comment

that guitar inspired me!! hahaha, i almost wanted to see if you'd trade, but i hate the neck through, sharkies, and pointy head!!!
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Sweet! It took 9 weeks to get my 7-string, but that was in January 2011 when I ordered. It's usually busier for them around this time of year and may take a little longer, but it's worth so worth it.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                Sure beats the shit outta the one year (and counting) for my custom Hamer Cali and the 2 year period for the CS Jackson Star I got coming.
                no shit....jackson takes WAY too long now. i would like to order a CS dinky, but i am not waiting that long. by the time i get, i would probably lose interest in those specs.
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Sweet! It took 9 weeks to get my 7-string, but that was in January 2011 when I ordered. It's usually busier for them around this time of year and may take a little longer, but it's worth so worth it.
                  i am not in too big of a hurry because i know i will get it sooner then i would from most other builders.
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    that guitar inspired me!! hahaha, i almost wanted to see if you'd trade, but i hate the neck through, sharkies, and pointy head!!!
                    I love 'em, but man am I glad that you don't!

That pink one of mine is my favorite guitar. Sound, feel, and looks. I don't see myself getting rid of much that I have, but that one would definitely be the last one to go if I had to sell off guitars.

Comment

Working...
                    X