what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is it?

I remember this guitar from the early 90's it was bright pink!.
    Last week I had a clear out at my father's home and found it stuffed in a wardrobe looking very sad.

Striped it down to reveal this interesting pattern on the back, I guess the front would have been the same but it had a venier front which unfortunatly could not be saved. The pattern looks original as it runs through the pickup space black base with white on top.

The body is kinda strange with a top jack and a single active humbucker with vol and tone 25k pots.

Kahler traditional trem but obviously not original as the body shows it has been filled in to fit.

The neck heel has an adjustable nut? back plate bare with 5 holes.

Anyone have any ideas.

Wild, stab in the dark...Lado Hawk Import.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Arbor maybe.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The body looks like plywood.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yep it's made up of layers of plywood? I'm just having problems with it having a front jack with no signs of a scratch plate. the router work and trem fill are of good quality so I'm really stumped. I'm off to investigate your suggestions.
          Last edited by imagist; 11-22-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I have a body with a similar control cavity route, but that's all. Mine is 4 pieces of solid wood with a veneer top. It's a HH config with a Kahler Pro trem. Mine came with an Aria neck, but was painted after market (loudmouth). I stripped it, painted it bengal, stripped it again, and now it sits. I've seen a body similar to mine on a JB Player. I bought mine in the late 80's, so who knows. It's a good, heavy body (alder or maple) and I'm going to get it painted, someday

Comment

I know what it is. I'm 100% positive!

Its a boat anchor
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Shouldn't anchors sink?

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  Shouldn't anchors sink?
                  Touche...
                  -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

It looks like a comfortable body shape. It would make a great template/pattern for a nice piece of solid wood.
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Perhaps its a starter kit for those guitars you see autographed by a famous artist then being sold in some store in Vegas for big bucks
                      Put it up on E-Bay with the words "EVH Frankenstrat" in the description and watch EVH's lawyers go after it
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

EVH my old man would have rather purchased a boat anchor or a Kramer which I thought it might have been. I'll restore this plank and see how it performs

Comment

Big thanks to DonP Found a JB Player/Hondo with the exact pattern (red with white stripes) from 84. The investigation continues.

Comment

Working...
                          X