No announcement yet.

Second hand Ibanez prestige 1527 vs Schecter Hellraiser C 7 and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second hand Ibanez prestige 1527 vs Schecter Hellraiser C 7 and other questions

Well there a guy who offers me a second hand 1527 with EMG 81-7 & 81-5 for 700€ with case but also another who offers me a second hand Schecter C7 Hellraiser with case for 675 €?

I´m going to test the Ibanez soon, the hellraiser plays good too

What do you think is the best value guitar between this two?

Also another option i am thinking in pick a new Schecter(ATX, Hell, Loomis) vs LTD 1007/Mcgrath(love the finish and the reverse headstock)/carpenter or Whitechapel models vs Jackson new X series or even a Ibby premium?

or should be worth it go for something ''better/superior' Mayones/Cap/ESP/Ibz Prestige 2000.. or another ''superior'' guitar

So second hand or new?and if it the response is new something like Schecter or LTD or would be worth it going for something superior?

Sorry for the ''Big question thread'' i know is a little anoying but i want a final seven string but i just want to spend the money once and make a good choice

I´m so confused i want a really good first 7 but as i said i dont want to expend my money 2 times or ''waste'' so give me your feedback/thoughts experts!

Looking for actives and it doesn´t mind if it had a tremolo or no it can be blocked but thinking about the tonally differences ...

I will be using with my band(local at the moment, but want to ascend haha you know) and in my house

Guitars i have had or currently (own) are (Ibnez RG550 JAPAN), LTD EX401, Bc rich kerry king that one was horrible, (Richwood les pau)l, Jackson rr5

Exactly i would try the guitar that finally would have in mind, i know the guitars are so different but i´m asking for the quality/price/value i want to have the best /quality/value guitar or a ''final thing'' and make the good choice..

Also the second about the secondhand option?what do you think?
    My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/josefhmusic?feature=watch

It doesn't get much better than a 1527. Kickass neck - arguably one of the best feeling, most playable out there.

Comment

In general if you buy new you're gonna take the initial price hit where just like a car most will be worth a bit less the second you walk out the door with it. Buying used you can usually get a better price and you can choose from the ones available to get the one in the best condition for the price. As far as which one you should get goes, I'd say your hands and ears should decide that for you. Keep in mind that if you like the "general" sound of one but it's not quite what you want, you can change the pups at an affordable price and make considerable changes in the sound. I'd say, if possible, play examples of all of them then decide but I'd reccomend used over new in just about any case.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

For newer 7-strings, I can recommend the Alex Wade AW-7, as I own one and think it's great. I've heard the other two Whitechapel models are nice, too.
        As far as Ibanez, I had an RG7620 and thought it was nice, and same thing for an old Schecter 007 Elite. The Ibanez neck is thin, the Schecter thicker, and the ESP/LTD neck is somewhere in between those. Carvin also makes some nice 7s.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
          In general if you buy new you're gonna take the initial price hit where just like a car most will be worth a bit less the second you walk out the door with it. Buying used you can usually get a better price and you can choose from the ones available to get the one in the best condition for the price. As far as which one you should get goes, I'd say your hands and ears should decide that for you. Keep in mind that if you like the "general" sound of one but it's not quite what you want, you can change the pups at an affordable price and make considerable changes in the sound. I'd say, if possible, play examples of all of them then decide but I'd reccomend used over new in just about any case.
          Agree with this 100%. Haven't bought a new guitar in 5 years, can't really think of a circumstance where I would except for custom shop. If you can lay your hands on it to give it a feel I say used.

Comment

Working...
          X