NGD - Acoustic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Acoustic

I think this will be my last purchase for a while, but it's something that I never really had. And, I mean a really nice acoustic guitar. I have no problems throwing tons of cash on electrics and amps, but I never seemed to do that with acoustics.

Since I just gave my last acoustic to a friend, I thought maybe I should look for something nice. So I started to look at Taylors, Yamahas, Martins and Breedlove. After playing all the guitars at Guitar Center for a couple of hours, I kept coming back to this Breedlove Atlas J350/EHe. At the $1k price point, this turned out to be the nicest playing, sounding and looking guitar in the shop.

It has an Engleman spruce top with flamed maple sides and back. Abalone inlays on the top with ivory colored body binding. Mahogany neck with a bound rosewood board and abalone inlays. It has a LR Baggs pickup system as well as the JLD bridge truss system.

The action is so low and the tone is so sweet when strung with phosphor bronze .11 - .050. This was literally a steal as it was on clearance for less than 1/2 off the original price. There was no damage to the guitar and it suit me just fine.

Anyhow, here are some pictures...

dude! very nice. What are you playing on her - she a strummer or a picker?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Love the back and sides. I'm trying to figure out if the neck binding is really thick or if it's just a picture angle thing.

The price seems like a great score.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanx guys. The neck binding is an illusion from the angle of the photo.

Comment

Good score those are really great guitars.
          The sides and back are stunning.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X