Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody dealt with DaVinci custom guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody dealt with DaVinci custom guitars?

I'm tempted to try them for a new body - they look pretty good, but I'm interested to hear any experiences...

http://davincicustomguitars.com/2011/store/
    Last edited by neilli; 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Looks Cool Ian but I don't understand the website - no location or contact info....

Comment

They look like Mighty Mite parts guitars with some paint work. I don't see how they could get away with the Fender headstocks other wise.

Comment

Mayve mighty mite necks but not bodies. I thought they were KNE or something but the Charvel control plate is different to KNE and Mightmite, perhaps they are made by themselves? Shop on Ebay that is why.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strat-Guitar...item337db874fc

They were doing a load of rising sun graphic 1H's in white and red which all sold quickly, a few other colours were left.
        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
          They look like Mighty Mite parts guitars with some paint work. I don't see how they could get away with the Fender headstocks other wise.
          Legal or not, people do make Fender headstocks on guitars, Performance does it all the time.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no 'law' preventing one from making a copied headstock. I thought it was more of a 'gentleman's agreement'.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no 'law' preventing one from making a copied headstock. I thought it was more of a 'gentleman's agreement'.
              In the USA there is Trademark law. The Fender headstock is a licensed Trademark in the US. Fender has been pretty lenient about small makers using their licensed trademarks here. In other countries it doesn't apply. That is why ESP will make stratheads for non-US markets, but won't ship new ones here.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X