Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: My name is xeno and yes, I have a sicnkess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: My name is xeno and yes, I have a sicnkess...

Yes, I have a sickness. I bought one to play, and one to put away. I'm not a fanboi and I don't hate them, but I couldn't identify one of their songs if you played it to me. Excuse the crappy pics. I bought the 2nd one because the first one was just going to be an investment, but I played it.... and love it and have put noticeable wear on the neck. So I want a fresh one to put away and forget about.

Matching serial numbers! One has a F prefix, the other has a G prefix, but they both have the same numbers after the prefix!

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Does your sicnkess affect your typing skills?

Last edited by Hellbat; 10-31-2012, 03:17 PM. Reason: also have the sicnkess...
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I actually wasn't going to post this here... I'm a bit embarassed that my GAS has gotten so out of hand. lol

Comment

2 M8M's? Are you Jesus?

Comment

Congrats, man.

You have been raving about that first one so much.

But Damn! You have had some amazing additions lately. Did you get your Fender back yet?

Comment

Yeah, it's magic every time I pick it up. And from playing a quick scale on the new one, it feels like it would set up even better. But I'm leaving that one as unplayed as possible.

No, the Fender isn't back yet. Should be by next week. After seeing their work, I just told them to take all the time necessary and not to rush. lol

Comment

So what's the finish? I've seen a few pix, but would like to see in person. Is it just black dye with oil or sealer over it?
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

From what I understand the originals made by LACS were charcoal rubbed and shellacked or varnished. I don't remember. The charcoal would come off way too easily so they changed that to Fiebings Black dye and apply a very light shellack or varnish... you can still feel the wood grain. It's really not very spectacular and very lackluster. But the tonal range is so well balanced and defined across the whole neck. It's very delicate and responsive, but a harsh pick attack doesn't phase it either. Maybe I'm just caught up in the hype.

If I rub my fingers against the lower horn on the side of the body... you can feel and hear the resonance of just my fingertips rubbing across the wood grain through the whole guitar.

I've played my share of shows playing guitar and bass... no where near you or others, but enough to have somewhat sound judgement, I think. I've never played an instrument as "magical" as this one.

Comment

Yes, I think this does officially qualify you as having a problem If I'm going to buy two of the same model, at least I vary the color (yes, I realize that's not an option for this).

Did you buy both from the same dealer?

Comment

I really hope you post these over on ss.org. I'm curious to count up the number of people that will elevate you to god status vs the number that will call you a rich asshole

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                      I really hope you post these over on ss.org. I'm curious to count up the number of people that will elevate you to god status vs the number that will call you a rich asshole
                      Jemsite too.

“But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

I bought one from a private party for really cheap. I was just gonna hold on to it a while and flip it, but I bonded with it. I got the new one from Matt. He totally set me up on that one.

And, fwiw, I've never "bought one to play and one to put away" with anything, ever... and for the fuck of it I posted it on SS and ESP forum. lol

I'm gonna review the two together comparing consistencies of the builds since they're pretty much all one-off start-to-finish high-end guitars with identical specs. It's kinda incredible how build-wise they do both look and feel different when you put your nose up to the wood even though they're "the same". It's actually quite fascinating.

Comment

NGD: My name is xeno and yes, I'm filthy rich, suckers...
                          ^This should be the title of your thread...

Congrats anyway, just be careful of having a tendinitis...
                          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Not filthy rich at all. I didn't pay full price for either of them. And even with both of those, my collection is little compared to a lot of people here.

Comment

Jesus Christ dude, you have TWO? Hopefully i'll be able to save enough in the next decade to buy it from you.
                              Also, you can't have two M8Ms and other crazy customs and rarities (especially with the frequency at which you've been NGDing lately) and not be filthy rich, it just doesn't work like that.
                              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                              X