No announcement yet.

New LTD AW-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always loved that traditional headstock, too, and was wondering when it would turn into a 7. I don't really want to tune the whole guitar down to A. I'd do Drop A once in awhile, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
      I actually have one of my RGD 2120z 6-strings tuned A-flat...crazy!!
      I'm actually considering getting an Ibanez 2127Z at some point exactly for this purpose.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
        I'm actually considering getting an Ibanez 2127Z at some point exactly for this purpose.
        The RGD will probably become your main axe...be careful!

Comment

Haha oh i will be... How are the stock pickups in the RGD?
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
            Haha oh i will be... How are the stock pickups in the RGD?
            I have one stock, and one that came with a Crunch Lab/Liquifire combo. I can't say that one is better than the other...FWIW.

Comment

I like it. It's one of those guitars that makes me say, "why don't they make that one left handed?"

More people should try 7's. It's just another B string after all, which I think is easier to wrap your head around than standard tuning on a 8 with a F#.

Comment

Nice ! "E"(World Guitars) serial number I take it ? Any idea what year it was made ? The thing about these Korean World and UnSung guitars is that by the late 00's, they had really gotten their quality to very high levels.

Comment

It was put into production this year, 2012. Serial is W12051442

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                    More people should try 7's. It's just another B string after all, which I think is easier to wrap your head around than standard tuning on a 8 with a F#.
                    My thoughts exactly. I don't know if I could really wrap my head (or hands) around an 8.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      It was put into production this year, 2012. Serial is W12051442
                      Excellent, World Guitars made May 2012.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info! It really is a great quality guitar.

Comment

Damn Toe, that thing looks really cool. Color me jealous.
                          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I haven't been around the forum lately, but I bought an AW-7 around the same time. Funny thing was, I bought it from my local Jackson dealer, whom I've never bought a guitar from despite having them do various work on my Jacksons. The first one came in, I tried it out so I could think it over, and a guy from another band we've played gigs with came in two hours later and bought it. The shop ordered me another, the last one available at the time, and had it to me two days later.

I've never owned an ESP or LTD of any kind except for a bass that I owned briefly, but I jumped on this right away because of the specs. I figured that if I was going to stray from Jackson, it'd be with something totally unlike what I already have. I'm a big fixed bridge (not TOM) fan, I love DiMarzio D-Activators, and the looks of the AW-7 are fantastic. While it's not the same as playing a Soloist, it's not a far cry from what I'm used to.

(I'm also playing through a Carvin V3M.)
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice. I'm still loving mine. I didn't have power for the past 8 days, but I did still play the guitar a little bit while sitting on the couch, with a blanket on, in the cold!

Comment

Working...
                              X