GMW Hot Rod Flame star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW Hot Rod Flame star

Hot off the presses, here’s a few pictures of my new GMW hot rod flame star that got finished up this week. Back in February, GMW started taking orders for a limited run of hot rod flame guitars. Each order could be customized for body shape, electronics, hardware, graphic and colors, etc. I’ve always wanted a star as my favorite was Don Dokken’s San Dimas HRF Charvel. So I used Dokken’s flame pattern and put it on top of a pure white base but modified the specs for my personal taste such as a single hum (Duncan TB-5), non-recessed Floyd and maple neck and fingerboard.

Lee has been great to worth with, as expected. The limited run ended up with 7 total guitars, each one very unique but all centered around different hot rod flame graphics. Dan Lawrence did all the graphic work and they turned out awesome. When I get some time, I’ll start another thread with more pics of the full limited run. But kudos to both Lee and Dan for their great work.

Here’s a few shots of my star that Lee just sent me. I should have it next week. Can’t wait to see this one in person.

Gorgeous piece man! Enjoy that beast!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

looks killer, im still not sure if i like the GMW headstocks.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
        looks killer, im still not sure if i like the GMW headstocks.
        I'm with ya! I think that headstock looks better on the Star than any of their other models, but I still can't really get into it that much.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's a beaut! I really gotta look into GMW...

Comment

That looks sweet man, congrats. I don't like their headstock shape so much on Strat bodies, but it works good with the star for me.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Awesome work, great look with the white. The hs looks cool on the star, it's not much diff from an Ibanez hs, would look better tilted back
              like a Jackson. Anyway, this guitar is amazing.

Comment

That is nice.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Very nice, always loved that color combo for HRF....just wish it had a strathead!
                  Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Sexy!!!!!!
                    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Shit that is the nicest HRF I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Yum

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Now I just have to be patient and wait for the nice UPS man to deliver it.

Comment

Johnny, that just might be the coolest looking GMW I've seen since Lee started doing his new headstock designs. Congrats!

Comment

The flame job looks killer on that star body. I think the headstock shape with the flames looks mint. One of the nicest stars I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X