Kaman GTX 33 body free, need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaman GTX 33 body free, need info

I was given a guitar body that I've figured out so far to be a Kaman GTX 33 body it's a solid wood basswood I'm guessing. I want to build it, imagine that. I can't find any info on them other than they were 24 fret and had something to do with Hamer. Other than that nothing. Anybody know anything about scale length? Neck pocket width doesn't really matter as that can be changed, well bigger at least. It's got a pretty cool zebra graphic on it with a HSS setup. It screams 80's I like it. Only other thing I know about it that it had a TRS 101 tremolo on it. Thanks in advance bretheren.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Shoulda been 25.5" scale, since those were yet another in a long line of import Jackson/Charvel copies. Kaman also made helicopters, so the Hamer connection isn't all that special. Gretsch was the US importer of a line of Japanese-made acoustics in the 70s called Dorado, but had nothing to do with building them.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you sir.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Any other info would be awesome aswell.Thanks.

Comment

Here is a 33 I had pretty good player.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Kaman made the Celebrity line of Ovation acoustic guitars.

Comment

That's a good looking guitar Stray. I'm having a hell of a time finding a neck for this body. I have a neck for it, sort of. I've been working on a Squier Stagemaster. I was repainting the body until the poly popped so I stripped it down and it needs a lot of love to get it right. I hate dropping a project to cannibalize some parts for another project. I would love to find a stock neck.

Comment

Almost forgot I do have the original pups from it that are suposed to go in a RG that I fixxing for a friend. Everything I read online is back and forth some hate and some like. They have XK-120 and XK-110 printed on them. Any good? I'm tempted to toss them and put in some humbuckers that I have, that he may end up liking better. Thanks.

Comment

They aren't too bad really I put an upgrade kit from RSguitarworks in mine.Pots were frozen when I got it.
                  Watch EBay for a junker and use the neck.

Comment

Working...
                  X