Bros...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bros...

Had a new arrival today from the man in brown... Guess which one?

Another RGD2120Z. Man...these things are AWESOME! I tuned this one to Drop A...with 11's!!! I'll probably put 12's on it though...

Anyway, enjoy! Now I just need to move the Charvel Demartini, and I can stop shopping for a bit!
    Last edited by chrisolson; 06-14-2012, 10:35 PM.

Im gonna guess the grey one ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
      Im gonna guess the grey one ha ha
      Yer close!

Comment

Those are nice guitars.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Those are nice guitars.
          Thanks, man! The necks are awesome, and I barely notice the extended scale. They don't sound bad either...

Comment

Update: I re-strung both guitars. They were good with 10's (EB Regular Slinky), but not great. I tuned the "older" one to Drop Ab, and the newer one to D. They played well enough, but something was missing. The Ab guitar didn't hold tune quite as good as the other. I put some EB "Not Even Slinkys" (12-56) on the drop Ab guitar, and HOLY CRAP!!!!, did that bring it to life!! Just MEAN!! Holds tuning very well and just grinds and growls with tone! I strung the D guitar with Power Slinkys, and that was a win as well. It will get Beefy Slinkys next time (11-52). The strings really brought out the character in these guitars. They still play as well as they did with 10's, dare I say much better!

Lotsa fun...bringing a whole new perspective to playing. I can't believe I'm becoming such an Ibanez fan...yikes...

Comment

Working...
            X